What's new

Buffalo LS220D Hybrid backup to Google Cloud Platform

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

IPFire

New Around Here
Hi there!!!

I have Buffalo LS220D and I wanted to do a Hybrid Backup to Google Cloud Platform to apply the 3-2-1 Backup rule.
I been searching all across the internet, read the Buffalo Manual but there is no chance I come to the solution.
I am tent to believe that Buffalo LS220D is not supported by Synchronisation to Cloud or am I missing of information?

Does anyone can show some light to my darkest hour of searching for an answer heheehhe :D. I am new in this backup thing, so any help I would deeply appreciated.

Best Regards
AG

Linkstation does not have an obvious way of supporting native cloud backup. The best I've found is that linkstation will back up volumes to another linkstation. I'm lucky to have another LS220 in a different location, and a VPN between the two, so that does the job. It looks like it's actually doing rsync in the background, but the Buffalo UI doesn't expose the rsync commands directly. I haven't found a way to make it think a 3rd party cloud rsync destination is actually another linkstation.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!