What's new

Bug Report: nvram chilli_enable=1 when guest network is removed causes no routing to occur

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Acru

New Around Here
I found a bug in official firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514, and I am reporting it here (in addition to asus) on the assumption that it exists in merlin as well. Though I haven't tested it on merlin, I didn't see anything in the code or changelog to counter the issue.

On my GT-AX6000, if a guest network is enabled and then removed, the nvram setting chilli_enable is left set to 1.

On the next reboot, prerouting entries are added to the nat-rules, one of which is badly formed due to the guest network not existing;

Code:
-I PREROUTING 1 --dst 192.168.52.0/24 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3990
-I PREROUTING 2 --src 192.168.52.0/24 --dst (null) -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8083

This occurs in firewall.c, nat_setting() on line 1751 or nat_setting2() on line 2217 for dual wan, when lan_ip is null.

This shows up in the router log as "services: apply rules error(21101)"

The result is that no routing occurs until chilli_enable is set to 0 and the router is rebooted.

Last edited:
That code only gets compiled if CAPTIVE_PORTAL is enabled - it`s not enabled in Asuswrt-Merlin.