What's new

CakeQOS CakeQoS-Merlin v2.0.0 alpha

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other issue is that the tab in the GUI does not survive a reboot.

Not sure if all of these issues relate to my router model AX58U as it uses eth4 for wan rather than eth0

Looks like hitting the "Check for update" just leaves the activity spinner running indefinitely.
Perhaps a symptom of no updates having ever been released, but hopefully that should time out normally.

If an update is available, does a new "Update" button appear or something?

Will give this a try. :)

You're awesome by the way. Great work!

Mar 20 13:48:08 custom_script: Found service-event-end, but script is not set executable!

Did you check permissions on this file? Otherwise it can be easily solved by making it executable:

Code:
chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/service-event-end

I do notice that compared to the built-in Cake version in 386.2b1, bufferbloat is much worse. With builtin Cake I scored A or A+ on dslreports, with Cake 2.0 I'm constantly scoring a C. I see no difference in default settings, I enable ack-filtering on uploads. This is the only change I made.

I do notice that compared to the built-in Cake version in 386.2b1, bufferbloat is much worse. With builtin Cake I scored A or A+ on dslreports, with Cake 2.0 I'm constantly scoring a C. I see no difference in default settings, I enable ack-filtering on uploads. This is the only change I made.
I get the same on dslreprts, always A. With the rare A+.
But quality score is better for me A or B, instead of C with 386.2 beta. This is similar to 386.2 alpha for me.

But I have bufferblaot while downloading in steam that I didn't with 386.2 beta built-in cake.

Same here. What can I do to bring the GUI back instead of re-running the install script?
it looks like the script will only ever create the tab during the install routine.

it is an alpha release!

the script currently hooks service-event and service-event-end, neither of which are a particularly good place for the WebUI mounting due to how often those are called.

@dave14305 do you have any entware dependencies? if not, then I think services-start is probably a good fit

There is a bug in the permissions for the service-event-end file, so please run this manually and then the update check should work again. I already had a service-event-end script on my router so it didn’t need to create one from scratch.
Bash:
chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/service-event-end
do you have any entware dependencies? if not, then I think services-start is probably a good fit
Yes, I have no bananas dependencies. So I will work on that this weekend.
i would submit a patch but im trying to avoid taking on any more projects at the moment :( feeling a bit thin
Thin? What’s your secret? Low carb? Fasting? :cool:

To bring things back to equal, the only missing option is ingress on download. Enter ingress into the Custom Download Options box for now and see if it goes back to normal. That will be fixed soon is fixed now.
how does one get the json data from cake, btw? asking for a friend....
Bash:
tc -s -j qdisc ls

Last edited:
Is cake still only good for less than 200mb ?

Did you check permissions on this file? Otherwise it can be easily solved by making it executable:
thanks. Changed permission and it solved the issue. I was trying change permissions on wrong file!

Reactions: MvW
Well, that was quick... Before I even manually edited the Custom Download Options you fixed the script.

Screenshot_2021-03-20 ttgapers cakeqos-merlin.png

Thanks @dave14305, dowloading now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!