What's new

CakeQOS CakeQos scripts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rlj2

Anyone made any scripts or know of any that helps tweaking traffic going to different tins? Ive been playing with some of the openwrt ones, but not getting very far.

This guy has the biggest head start at OpenWRT:
It's complicated because it relies on dnsmasq with ipsets and iptables rules with ipset matching. And using the ingress shaper for Download traffic on ifb9eth0 happens before iptables mangle rules are evaluated, so it's not very good for download if I remember correctly. This guy did something "veth" fancy to do the equivalent of shaping on what is our br0 instead, if I read it right.

Inbound DSCP marks from the internet aren't always reliable, so most often CAKE users will "wash" the incoming marks away. What kind of traffic do you want to manipulate into an alternate tin?

downloads to bulk maybe. wificalling to Voice. If I could figure it out, id probably use 4 tins. one for video,etc.

Anyone made any scripts or know of any that helps tweaking traffic going to different tins? Ive been playing with some of the openwrt ones, but not getting very far.

You are best off not using tins. If you wan that type of QOS, you want to use something that classifies connections. The beauty of cake is the simplicity of not having to classify traffic.

I'm currently using cake with "docsis" added inside the extra options since I use comcast. I'm in the process of trying T-Mobile Home Internet using the Nokia 5G router and use my asus router with all the scripts to include cake.

What option (i.e. ethernet) would I use for replacing "docsis" since I'm now will be using LTE or leave it blank instead?

I'm currently using cake with "docsis" added inside the extra options since I use comcast. I'm in the process of trying T-Mobile Home Internet using the Nokia 5G router and use my asus router with all the scripts to include cake.

What option (i.e. ethernet) would I use for replacing "docsis" since I'm now will be using LTE or leave it blank instead?

The last time I configured it I had to specify something. Ethernet will pad less yet the amount of bandwidth you specify is most important. How variable is the amount of bandwidth you get on that cell connection? You will need to specify what ever the low side is and I understand how this could be less than you would like. The good news is that cake will smooth out your response times.

This guy has the biggest head start at OpenWRT:
It's complicated because it relies on dnsmasq with ipsets and iptables rules with ipset matching. And using the ingress shaper for Download traffic on ifb9eth0 happens before iptables mangle rules are evaluated, so it's not very good for download if I remember correctly. This guy did something "veth" fancy to do the equivalent of shaping on what is our br0 instead, if I read it right.

Inbound DSCP marks from the internet aren't always reliable, so most often CAKE users will "wash" the incoming marks away. What kind of traffic do you want to manipulate into an alternate tin?
I messed with this one quite a bit, theres another on the openwrt forums that just places clients in a specific tin. After hours I finally figured this was above my pay grade :). I like cakeqos, but really need some prioritys set in my household (I could say that for things besides the router also).
Ive just put a AC86u back as main with flexqos until the AX86u qos gets fixed, beta4 is no better with some of flex rules. Ill readdress cake on a bored day.