What's new

Can anyone recommend a small waterproof RJ45 connector for passing through a wall or soffit for mounting an ethernet jack?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Avery

Regular Contributor
I am installing some ethernet in soffits for cameras and for an outdoor WAP.

Can anyone recommend the smallest available, high quality solution that would keep out bugs, and is reliable?

I have seen both the hole-saw plates as well as some surface mounted connector like this. I like that surface mounted connector, but they all seem to be made by some no-name companies, so I am having trouble buying into them. They are an ideal solution for me, as I need something very inconspicuous and that can be mounted from the exterior.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I am installing some ethernet in soffits for cameras and for an outdoor WAP.

Can anyone recommend the smallest available, high quality solution that would keep out bugs, and is reliable?

I have seen both the hole-saw plates as well as some surface mounted connector like this. I like that surface mounted connector, but they all seem to be made by some no-name companies, so I am having trouble buying into them. They are an ideal solution for me, as I need something very inconspicuous and that can be mounted from the exterior.

Thanks!
You may know these brands, Comscope(AMP), TE. I like their products. It's so great.

Last edited:
Most decent IP cameras will come with a network plastic encapsulated RG45 connector.
maxresdefault.jpg

If they dont, I would stay away from them. If you need something else, Amazon has many starting around 10$
The idea here is that the wire is pushed up into the soffit or the attic unseen and out of harms way. If that is not possible than you will need a camera mount you can tuck it all into under the camera.
I hope this helps.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!