What's new

Can I adjust tx power that I want number of dbm ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jklim

New Around Here
Hello All,

I googled the subject matter. However, I didn't find a clear answer. My router model is RT-AX88U(AX6000) and I just finished the router setup that I want without tx power.
Actually, Gov regulation is 200mW and 23dbm. So I want to set txpwr_target_max as 98.

I saw some articles and the firmware (cfe) is already set according to country. like as each per "performance"(100%), "good"(80%), "balance"(60%), "fair"(40%), "power saving"(1%).
However, I don't know how is pre-defined values of each country are on the firmware. Or some articles that described it can be set command like as "nvram set 1:maxp5ga0=98,98,98,98". But actually, it didn't work.

If someone knows how to set what I want, could you please advise or let me know that way?

Thanks in advance,
JK Lim.

You can use the Tx power slider in Wireless, Professional only with predefined values. Nothing else works on this router.

You can use the Tx power slider in Wireless, Professional only with predefined values. Nothing else works on this router.
I dont know, these new power features are pretty cool
1670251000500.png

Thanks for your comment. Actually, I don't want to use as transgression for gov regulation. Therefore, I want to set max value as gov allow. I'll try to set as that and slide as matched, if firmware is predefined in some country setting or which slider value is 98.
Do you happen to have a chart/matrix for tx power slide value per countries? If have, it much helps.
I know how to check current txpwr_target_max which command is "wl -i $(nvram get wl0_ifname) txpwr_target_max"(2.4ghz) and "wl -i $(nvram get wl1_ifname) txpwr_target_max"(5ghz).

Thanks,

Last edited:
Thanks for your comment. Actually, I don't want to use as transgression for gov regulation. Therefore, I want to set max value as gov allow. I'll try to set as that and slide as matched, if firmware is predefined in some country setting or which slider value is 98.
Do you happen to have a chart/matrix for tx power slide value per countries? If have, it much helps.
I know how to check current txpwr_target_max which command is "wl -i $(nvram get wl0_ifname) txpwr_target_max"(2.4ghz) and "wl -i $(nvram get wl1_ifname) txpwr_target_max"(5ghz).

Thanks,

Keep in mind you have to factor in antenna gain. Not sure if that command will tell you with or without the antenna gain factored in.

Remember gain and directionality go hand in hand.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!