What's new

Can I use a DSL-AC68U as wifi extender with RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fryster

New Around Here
Hi all, based in the UK and have been using an Asus RT-AC68U router with virgin media for a long time now. Looking to make use of aimesh and extend the range to the bottom of my garden. I've seen a very good deal on a DSL-AC68U, would this work as an extender to achieve what I need? The price is too good to turn my nose up at, so hoping this will work! I'm currently on stock firmware, but have used merlin software in the past. Many thanks!

I use my old DSL-AC68U as an AImesh node to extend a ZenWifi CT8 2 nodes setup. It works well with the ASUS firmware.

Definitely going to give it a go, worse case scenario will be selling on the router at a profit anyway!

I haven't had much luck with using mine as an AImesh node, but that could be due to mixing it with an AX router, so it could work well for you. I couldn't seem to get wired backhaul working on gnuton's Merlin fork, not sure if it's any different on official.

In the end I just gave it a different IP to my main router and disabled stuff like firewall, DHCP server etc and it's working well that way as a wired AP. (it doesn't have the option to just set it up as an AP like other routers do)

Hi all, based in the UK and have been using an Asus RT-AC68U router with virgin media for a long time now. Looking to make use of aimesh and extend the range to the bottom of my garden. I've seen a very good deal on a DSL-AC68U, would this work as an extender to achieve what I need? The price is too good to turn my nose up at, so hoping this will work! I'm currently on stock firmware, but have used merlin software in the past. Many thanks!
I am in the US and was on the phone with Asus support a few days ago. I had some problems using my RT-AC68U with the CenturyLink Actiontec modem/router in bridge mode. I asked about a replacement for the Actiontec and the DSL-AC68U was the reply. I was assured that they would work together in mesh.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!