What's new

Can not access https://cardholder.theperfectgift.ca/ with RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xdj

Occasional Visitor
Greetings All,

This may sound unusual but I can not find any answers anywhere and I'm losing my mind over this... So, I thought if anyone knows, it's the fine group of people in this forum. When I try to check the balance of a VISA gift card at https://cardholder.theperfectgift.ca/, I get "This site can’t provide a secure connection". But, if I use my mobile without wifi I can connect to the website using my data plan.
It doesn't matter what browser I use through my RT-AC86U, I get the same message. I'm running the latest Merlin firmware and nothing else. I can connect to my bank, but not VISA's gift card site.
I'm pretty much running a stock RT-AC86U except for Merlin firmware and nothing else so I can't understand why the VISA site is giving me issues. Unless I have tunnel vision and I'm overlooking something simple, I have given up. You're my last hope in solving this issue.
I know it's not really that important but I need to figure this out before I snap!
Thank you in advance...

Cheers,

X

Try a different web browser. I had similar issues today with the new Firefox.

I can't understand why the VISA site is giving me issues

Because this address is blocked by AiProtection as Phishing. Use Manage Whitelist in AiProtection to exclude it.

Because this address is blocked by AiProtection as Phishing. Use Manage Whitelist in AiProtection to exclude it.
Good catch!

Thank you!!!!
I totally forgot about that.

Cheers,

X

Not good experience with AiProtection in my tests. Mostly false positives.