What's new

Can someone read my syslog and tell me why I keep losing internet?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry. Yes, cable internet. Motorola SB8200

Power cyle didn’t work. Reset seems to fixed it but still too early to say. I will see when I go back home.

Sorry. Yes, cable internet. Motorola SB8200

Power cyle didn’t work. Reset seems to fixed it but still too early to say. I will see when I go back home.
Hey Micharlie. I was having the worst time with my internet dropping for no reason I could determine. I replaced my router, cables all new and it would still drop. I read somewhere that the ISP install may have faulty splitters or an odd configuration so I ripped open the box where my line comes to my house from the "pole" as they call it and what a mess. I found I actually had 2 cables from the pole into 2 splitters. Diplexer or duplexer I believe is the correct term. Then into a 4way splitters and into my modem and who knows where else. I isolated the two main cables and discovered one was for a completely different ISP than mine. The other cable was my ISP so using a female to female cable adapter I ran just my ISP cable directly to my modem and have not had any drops since. I'm having someone come out to check how this mess was wired before but speeds are a Gig off VPN and no more drops. There were no drip loops on the cable install either so rain water would just run everywhere and into the splitters. Good luck!