What's new

Can you run a usb drive with utilities on it with a live OS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hulltech

Occasional Visitor
I would like to find out if you could Run a old windows setup like Windows 95 or Linux that doesn't take up much resources and run a terminal , openvpn server with a gui. Pixelserv and dnsmasq, reverse proxy, bitmessage, scripts,encryption, and a ssh tunnel. You could set up the drive to actually run from any device and have all your servers listed to choose from.
I have cable one as my ISP and if I try to connect over 4 devices it will drop until you have only 4 devices. I ran 11devices on dsl when I got the router so I don't think it is my router. I also switched to cyberghost Vpn when they had the special premium Vpn for 23.00 for 5 devices. Can I use wireshark to keep the ISP from dropping me at 4. I never was told there was a device limit nor signed an agreement to that affect. I figured if I could use a usb drive and run a live OS and run a openvpn server with gui and make it work as well as portable. Any idea's

I'm not sure if this is what you need but, you can try BertPE or was it BurtPE. If that doesn't work, then try Hiren's BootCD which you can install onto a flash drive. Hiren's has a mini windows xp which works great.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!