What's new

Cannot access webui on AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shoman94

Regular Contributor
Anyone else get this. Usually happens to me if of the router has been up for days and I check for a new firmware. Only way to fix is reboot.

Anyone else get this. Usually happens to me if of the router has been up for days and I check for a new firmware. Only way to fix is reboot.
It's been happening on my ac 88 u lately as well. The way I get around it is to open another page and start the login process then shut the page that won't load it always seems to work don't know why but it's quicker than a reboot

It's been happening on my ac 88 u lately as well. The way I get around it is to open another page and start the login process then shut the page that won't load it always seems to work don't know why but it's quicker than a reboot
That seems to work but any changes I try and make remotely such as reboot the router or check for firmware upgrade or change my access config using the app hangs and the router never complies. I have to physical reboot it and it will show these things for a while and at some point, the issue shows up again.

That seems to work but any changes I try and make remotely such as reboot the router or check for firmware upgrade or change my access config using the app hangs and the router never complies. I have to physical reboot it and it will show these things for a while and at some point, the issue shows up again.
If your talking about the android app then I think your problem is with the app
I have never had much joy with the app in fact I suggest that you uninstall it (i have) It's useless and just access the GU
The app is crap I have uninstalled it it's easier to use a laptop or desktop

It happens with both..... I'll uninstall it and see if it's any better.

I can't even get the login page to load when this happens. A reboot does bring it back, but like others, it stops working within a few days or so. Everything seems fine, I just can't access the GUI/settings. This is on an RT-AC3100 on an older firmware, but it doesn't seem to have been fixed with newer versions? This has been happening for sometime now and isn't just the app, but even on browsers.

happens on all models of asus i have used since day 1 for years now. I stopped checking for updates from within the router for this reason and I turn off automatic update checks. The router might get stuck checking for updates and then you can't access its gui without a reboot. doesn't matter if its stock or merlin. always happened on my ac66u_b1 i've owned for over 2 years and on the ax58u and ac86u i have tried. I've always found it strange.

happens on all models of asus i have used since day 1 for years now. I stopped checking for updates from within the router for this reason and I turn off automatic update checks. The router might get stuck checking for updates and then you can't access its gui without a reboot. doesn't matter if its stock or merlin. always happened on my ac66u_b1 i've owned for over 2 years and on the ax58u and ac86u i have tried. I've always found it strange.
How do you turn off automatic update checks?

How do you turn off automatic update checks?

think it depends on model of asus router. I use merlin firmware. go to the firmware page in webgui and should be a check box there. checking trendmicro signatures is ok from there but checking firmware might get stuck. So when I check for firmware I go to the asus website and download it from there and then manually upload it from the webgui page.

think it depends on model of asus router. I use merlin firmware. go to the firmware page in webgui and should be a check box there. checking trendmicro signatures is ok from there but checking firmware might get stuck. So when I check for firmware I go to the asus website and download it from there and then manually upload it from the webgui page.
I'm using the stock firmware. I don't see a setting for auto checking.

I'm using the stock firmware. I don't see a setting for auto checking.

might not be available on the stock firmware. I believe the ac86u automatically checks on stock firmware but not on merlin. not sure if ac88u is the same or not. You might be ok just making sure not to manually check for updates on the webgui. As I said I only check for updates on the asus website.

do you guys have " Enable Web Access from WAN" enabled ?
if possible when it happens can you connect with a terminal to your router and check if there is already another active session established with your router's webpage.

Last edited:
anyway try to check when this happens if a connection to the router UI is established with another IP even inside your network.

anyway try to check when this happens if a connection to the router UI is established with another IP even inside your network.

I thought asus forces you to log out before another ip can connect to it? you can also set to only allow a specific ip to the ui which I usually do.