What's new

Cannot rest my RT-AC68R to factory setting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jdebeer

Occasional Visitor
I cannot reset my RT-AC68R to factory settings.

I bought a new RT-AC87R and want to use this RT-AC68R as a repeater. I must have set this on up wrong because I cannot use it. BUT I cannot reset to facotr setting.

I am using the ASUS discovery software and can see it with an IP of 192.168.1.2 but do not know the password - tried admin/admin, and all the versions of my SSID settings.

I tried the 30-30-30 technique with no luck at all.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Happy New Years from San Diego

JDB

This has worked for me.

With the router off, hold the WPS button and turn the router on, still holding the WPS button for about 10 secs.

One of the lights (can't remember which one) will start trembling during the hold process, then you can release the WPS button.

This has worked for me.

With the router off, hold the WPS button and turn the router on, still holding the WPS button for about 10 secs.

One of the lights (can't remember which one) will start trembling during the hold process, then you can release the WPS button.

i always use this step to reset and it always worked for me.

For some reason he 30-30-30 didn't work for me after a tomato firmware downgrade back to stock but the WPS method work every time!

For some reason he 30-30-30 didn't work for me after a tomato firmware downgrade back to stock but the WPS method work every time!

30-30-30 is a DDWRtism, and should never be used with an Asus router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!