What's new

Can't access 192.168.100.1 when connected through my ASUS AX Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

router mode.???? do you mean 'wireless' ???
No, I mean what I said. Default the ASUS back to router mode and setup again like you did when you took it out of the box.

Bridge the Virgin box so it's not doing any routing and just passes the IP to the router.

Also, I found someone on the virgin forum, who seems to know... search 'Asus RT-AX89x' there.. got it fully working now!! :)

My Hub3 seem to have problems with 'modem mode' but I just switch off the wifi in router mode, works better!!

I am not sure if you can post 'AX68 settings (for debug- passwords removed) ' here - please ask if needed :)

Last edited:
If you are ***desperate*** to find someone with realtime experience, it may be needed.. - and what I thought was a 'private messge' seems to be not so..
As I said, this thread has nothing to do with your problem (I wasn't referring to private messages). Having the same discussion in multiple threads is against forum rules, causes confusion and wastes the time of the people trying to offer help. You may be "desperate" but you've been given the same advice now in two different threads and a private message.

I have this problem too. I used to be able to access my modem fine at 192.168.100.1 until this year.

I have this problem too. I used to be able to access my modem fine at 192.168.100.1 until this year.

Try setting a static route to the external IP of the modem.

I've had the same problem accessing my CM1100's interface at 192.168.100.1 except that in my case, it started after I activated Ethernet Port Aggregation (LACP 802.3ad) in Feb 2022. After reading two dozen threads at least with regard to Port Aggregation on the CM1100, it seemed like that was a sacrifice to be made for using it. It made no sense, but no one seemed to have an answer.

Now months later, I see similar things happening across the board after a firmware update to the modem? I have an Asus AX88U, I added the static route using the router interface, saved the changes, powered the router off/on (this is a REQUIRED step since the reset always hangs the Asus web interface), and voila! I now have access to the CM1100's management interface again at 192.168.100.1

For everyone else who has a similar Asus router, here is a screenshot for reference!

Attachments

• 19c92ccbc8dd92af3d08becdbd2d1673.png
    19c92ccbc8dd92af3d08becdbd2d1673.png
    193.5 KB · Views: 311

I've had the same problem accessing my CM1100's interface at 192.168.100.1 except that in my case, it started after I activated Ethernet Port Aggregation (LACP 802.3ad) in Feb 2022. After reading two dozen threads at least with regard to Port Aggregation on the CM1100, it seemed like that was a sacrifice to be made for using it. It made no sense, but no one seemed to have an answer.

Now months later, I see similar things happening across the board after a firmware update to the modem? I have an Asus AX88U, I added the static route using the router interface, saved the changes, powered the router off/on (this is a REQUIRED step since the reset always hangs the Asus web interface), and voila! I now have access to the CM1100's management interface again at 192.168.100.1

For everyone else who has a similar Asus router, here is a screenshot for reference!

What if wan ip changes

Is this still working for folks?

I tried the same thing with my GT-AXE11000 and it didn't seem to make a difference... still can't get to my modem's webui. Same thing where I can get to it if plugged in directly at 192.168.100.1.

1663344090173.png

Looks like I don't have link aggregation enabled:
1663345450461.png
... but otherwise the symptoms are about the same.

In which case you might have to use the method shown in this post. However in your case the command would be:
Code:
ifconfig $(nvram get wan0_ifname):0 192.168.100.2 netmask 255.255.255.0

Didn't work. Should that address (before netmask in the command) match the modem or just be in the subnet?

Then do i access via the regular modem ip or via the address in the command?

If your modem is on 192.168.100.1 the command needs to create a virtual interface with a different address but still within the subnet, e.g. 192.168.100.2. Then access the modem using its address as usual.

If that doesn't work then you problem would appear to be something completely different than what's discussed in this thread.

FYI I don't need to do anything to access my cable modem at 192.168.100.1, it just works.

If i plug my computer directly into the modem (so no router in the picture) i can get to it at 192.168.100.1

If i plug my computer directly into the modem (so no router in the picture) i can get to it at 192.168.100.1
Do you know what IP address your computer gets in that case? Is it a public IP address or a 192.168.100.x address?

The modem might be restricting access to a single device based on its MAC address. The solution in these cases is to either completely power off the cable modem for a few minutes so that it "forgets" the association, or clone the MAC address of the working PC onto the router's WAN interface (WAN - Internet Connection > MAC Address).

It gets a 192.168.100.X.

I left the modem unplugged for a while and then plugged it into the router, and turned it back on. I cloned the mac address of the pc it worked with (when directly plugged into the router)... that just messed up DHCP breaking internet connectivity... but still wasn't able to get to the modem via the router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!