What's new

Can't access GUI-solved!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lee MacMillan

We had a power outage yesterday that lasted longer than my UPS battery so the modem and router (AX86u running Merlin 386.2_2) eventually lost power. Everything seemed fine after the power came back on. This morning my wired VOIP device (Ooma) had no internet connection but wireless devices were working ok as was my hardwired PC but I couldn't access the router GUI. The wireless connections then dropped so I rebooted the modem (Arris 6183) and the router. Now everything seems to be working again (including the Ooma) but I still can't connect to the router. 192.168.1.1 times out and http://router.asus.com/Main_Login.asp doesn't connect but gives no error message. The Asus app says failed to connect. This amateur needs some help! (I had turned off the router lights a while ago so I can't see what's going on there.)

Plug a PC to a LAN port of AX86U and check what the network connection says wrt gateway ; may be your router has another ip address (e.g. 192.168.50.1) ....

Plug a PC to a LAN port of AX86U and check what the network connection says wrt gateway ; may be your router has another ip address (e.g. 192.168.50.1) ....
That doesn't work either. I rebooted the router again and the PC. The GUI login screen appeared when accessed via the router.asus.com but once I entered the user name and password, it just sits there and I got a "page unresponsive" message and asked if I wanted to wait or exit. The http://192.168.50.1/ address doesn't connect or even get me to the login screen. The internet and wireless connections are all working fine so it's quite frustrating.

Finally figured this out. I noticed today that I couldn't access my flash drive attached to the router. I turned off the router, removed the flash drive, and turned it back on. Once it finished booting, I was able to access the GUI again! I plugged the flash drive back in and the GUI screen went blank. Pulled it out and the GUI came back. Plugged the flash drive into the computer USB port and got an error message from Windows saying USB device not recognized. The only explanation I can think of is that the power failure somehow fried the flash drive. Since Windows doesn't recognize it, I doubt it's salvageable. Oh well...

Give a try to

Phison Format & Restore​

A couple time worked very well, it didn't with 2 drives. But is free, so...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!