What's new

Can't Access Router Admin to upgrade Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ceabbott2

New Around Here
I swear I wrote the routers login username and password but I can't find it. :mad:

The 2.4 ghz is abnormally slow (1 to 2 mbps). 5ghz seems fine (16 to 18 mbps).

I was going to upgrade the firmware to the new 39. Quick question if I reset the router will I be able to log back in with a default user ID and password? If that is possible I would love to just reset it and start over. My worry is that if I reset it and I'm on a Merlin custom will it just reset backto that 36 beta firmware or will it brick the device? Don't want to mess it up. Thank you for any advice. Oh what is the default login, admin and password?

Charles

God I even saved the info in Evernote and now I can't find it!!!

I swear I wrote the routers login username and password but I can't find it. :mad:

The 2.4 ghz is abnormally slow (1 to 2 mbps). 5ghz seems fine (16 to 18 mbps).

I was going to upgrade the firmware to the new 39. Quick question if I reset the router will I be able to log back in with a default user ID and password? If that is possible I would love to just reset it and start over. My worry is that if I reset it and I'm on a Merlin custom will it just reset backto that 36 beta firmware or will it brick the device? Don't want to mess it up. Thank you for any advice. Oh what is the default login, admin and password?

Charles

God I even saved the info in Evernote and now I can't find it!!!

Reset won't mess anything up. Default credentials: admin/admin.

Thank You

Reset won't mess anything up. Default credentials: admin/admin.

Thank you for your reply.

I have a WD MyNet900 set up as an access point via a cat5e ethernet cable. Once I perform the reset on my RT-AC66R will I need to redo the set up for the access point or will it be fine? Its set up to DHCP (don't know if thats the correct abbreviation)? I wish there were folks I could go online with and explain my set up and then they could intern give me the "best overall setup" configurations based on my Hardware and settings within each router. There is a tremendous amount of options and just trying to figure out how each works, pros and cons (WOW! Brain explodes). Hell I would pay via paypal donation for an hourly rate. It would be a great help if there were a "general settings" type set up works the best for most sticky. Maybe an intermediate sticky with more specific detailed stuff for those of us who "Think" we know what we are doing. :)

Then of course the advanced users can still talk all scientificky with each other and the rest of the unclean masses can read it and it will simply confirm how little we understand about wifi.

Charles

Last edited:
Everybody has to start somewhere, so keep asking those questions :)

You wouldn't need to setup your WD AP again, just your 66R which was reset.

Hey there, your handle is familiar. I remember seeing it in xda note 2 forums.

Anyway, I had the same issue with the 2ghz band on my n66u. It's painfully slow like 1 to 2mbps. i get 40mbps download speed when connected to 5ghz band.

Did you ever get the issue with 2.4ghz resolved?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!