What's new

Can't access websites after some use

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rufee

New Around Here
Hello,
I have two questions, ive bought a new wireless router: TP-link TL-WR941ND to maybe try to get rid of this curse that follows me with every one i had. So after some time using i found out that i can lo longer browse the web, all other services are fine steam, skype etc... Maybe someone has a suggestion ?
And the second is how to disable the QoS on this router because i can't seem to find the setting. Disabling qos worked before on my d-link so i want to try that.

Thank you :)

Out of curiosity, what modem do you have? It could be an addressing conflict. Most DSL CPE modems now days have routers in them, but only offer a single IP, and it just so happens to be the same subnet as most routers. This will cause a conflict, but will work for a short time, so you may think everything is fine since a reboot fixes it temporarily. If this could be the case, try changing the IP of the router to something like 192.168.2.1 and it should solve that problem.

QoS on the TP-link should be under bandwidth control

Last edited:
I am connected to a switch which is connected to a fiber channel, ip is assigned by MAC. I will try though.

Not talking about changing the address given to the router, talking about your network subnet address behind the router e.g. 192.168.1.1.

Try changing your DNS settings manually to either opendns or google dns maybe. Make sure MTU is default 1500 or check with ISP for correct configuration. Might try disabling UPnP, most routers have it enabled by default, which can pose some security risks and cause your upload to become saturated if exploited resulting in bad web browsing performance, but you may lose game hosting abilities. What was wrong with the dlink?

Last edited:
Changed DNS settings, so far its ok. MTU is 1500.
Messed with upnp before but it made no difference.
Dlink had this similar problem (disabling QoS fixed it), but it started dropping the connection for a few seconds, and since I'm running a game server that is not acceptable.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!