What's new

Can't disable Daylight savings time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Given the source code you linked to it would appear that a workaround for the OP would be to select "Buenos Aires, Georgetown". That appears to be GMT-03:00 (UTC3) with no DST.

Yest, this is the best workaround I found so far, though it throws a notice: "* Reminder: The System time zone is different from your locale setting."

I can live with that, I just thought it worth mentioning this issue here in case there is a better solution.

To be blunt, the correct way for this to be done is for countries not to change the rules whenever they feel like it. As you can imagine, every single device in the world that has the established rules will suffer from the same problem. There is no way for device manufacturers to deal with such random exceptions.

Well, most devices have fixed dates for starting and ending DST according to the time zone. ASUS already implemented some flexibility by allowing us to input different start and end dates and even times. A checkbox to allow us to enable or disable DST would add extra flexibility and fix the problem permanently, no matter how many times the countries change their rules.

Yest, this is the best workaround I found so far, though it throws a notice: "* Reminder: The System time zone is different from your locale setting."

I can live with that, I just thought it worth mentioning this issue here in case there is a better solution.

My router gives me the same warning .... "* Reminder: The System time zone is different from your locale setting." And I do not know why. My time zone is correct .... does anybody know why?

My router gives me the same warning .... "* Reminder: The System time zone is different from your locale setting." And I do not know why. My time zone is correct .... does anybody know why?
It is a quirk that Merlin has discussed before. The router has to fake a RTC and when it syncs, it cannot keep the Epoch time the same as UTC, so you get that error when DST settings do not match what the time servers send back.

It is a quirk that Merlin has discussed before. The router has to fake a RTC and when it syncs, it cannot keep the Epoch time the same as UTC, so you get that error when DST settings do not match what the time servers send back.

As I said above, time servers send no time zone/DST/offset info!!

The error is comparing the router offset to that of your browser. So if you set your PC timezone to match whatever the router is set to (even if not correct for your country) the error will go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LHF

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!