What's new

can't flash back to ddwrt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

legitsu

Occasional Visitor
can't seem to flash back to ddwrt I was running ddwrt-k3.0 mega up until
two weeks ago,now it won't flash back I choose the firmware image in the gui hit flash and it simply doesn't flash it no error codes or anything,flash procedure seemly completes and it reboots .. .still on merlin
The image I am trying to flash is
dd-wrt.v24-26138_NEWD-2_K3.x-big-RT-N66U.trx

Last edited:
You'll probably need to use your recovery disc and try again.

two weeks ago,now it won't flash back I choose the firmware image in the gui hit flash and it simply doesn't flash it no error codes or anything,flash procedure seemly completes and it reboots .. .still on merlin
Hi,

Did you disconnect all USB devices to avoid memory shortage?
Do a factory reset of the router and a minimal configuration - try then to do the firmware update/change...

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

this happens when you are needed to flash an incremental firmware between the current one and the ddwrt. i had this issue on ac68u, but on stock firmware.

why not flash to the latest merlin first then try ddwrt again?

1. I am already on merlin latest
2. I had been running ddwrt up untill two weeks ago when I switched to Merlin(I Wanted to see how it was coming compared to ddwrt I was never all that impressed with asus-wrt and I found it more of a pain in the butt then anything after having used tomato and dd-wrt for years)
3. yes I did a factory data reset
- haven't had time to unplug it and try from asus webcfe mode
the reason for wanted to flash back is that I am having some issues that I wasn't getting before flashing Merlin and I wanna isolate the problem to either the firmware or the router its self,+ the GUI is absolutely horrible
after switching to Merlin the following started to happen
1.started experiencing random packet loss in battlefield 4 and several other games
2.having some minor throughput issues over wired. unsure if related at this stage ...

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!