What's new

Can't get into AC68U after flash with Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DonnyB

Occasional Visitor
I have an Asus RT-AC68U and I decided to flash Merlin 386.1 beta4. The process went as I expected. After the flash I was able to get into the router settings (192.168.1.1). I then exited and have not been able to get back in.
It is very strange as I can connect to the internet on the 2.4 and 5 gHz wireless networks, but cannot get into the settings. When I type 192.168.1.1, I get the standard message, "unable to connect".
I pushed the reset button and turned the power on and off, but it will not work. Any suggestions?

I have an Asus RT-AC68U and I decided to flash Merlin 386.1 beta4. The process went as I expected. After the flash I was able to get into the router settings (192.168.1.1). I then exited and have not been able to get back in.
It is very strange as I can connect to the internet on the 2.4 and 5 gHz wireless networks, but cannot get into the settings. When I type 192.168.1.1, I get the standard message, "unable to connect".
I pushed the reset button and turned the power on and off, but it will not work. Any suggestions?
Do a hard factory reset then manually configure. Might take a few minutes to settle in afterwards

Just to remind you that asus changed to 192.168.50.1 a few years ago, And, to upgrade to the 386.1 beta, you may have to restore factory settings and wait for the system to rebuild the database, which may take a while.

ipconfig reports the default gateway as 192.168.1.1.
I did a hard reset, I think. I turned off the power, pushed the reset button and held it down while turning on the power. One thing I did not do was to turn off the modem first. I will try that and do the reset again.

Hard factory reset for the AC68U is: power off, press and hold the WPS button while powering on. When the power LED blinks release the WPS button and the router will reboot. My older AC68U's default to 192.168.1.1but http://router asus.com works.