What's new

Can't reach Asus RT-AX58U web admin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks. I see none of the AiProtection ("dcd Tainted") crashes that are common with Merlin. These crashes have been blamed on ASUS/TrendMicro for more than year. Long ago ASUS claimed to have fixed it, yet it still happens under Merlin.
But I can't tell from your log if AiProtection is actually running. I don't think it is operational unless you agree to their privacy terms. So without you going into AiProtection/Network Protection and verifying the Enabled switch is "On" ) green), this isn't proof.

It still happens for some users with my firmware because third party scripts and/or custom configurations are triggering it (and these scripts do not exist on stock).

At the time, another developer came up with the theory that what was triggering the issue was configurations that had either many additional network interfaces, or had interfaces using longer names, causing buffer overruns within dcd. I don't know if it ever got confirmed or if it was just a theory.

It still happens for some users with my firmware because third party scripts and/or custom configurations are triggering it (and these scripts do not exist on stock).

At the time, another developer came up with the theory that what was triggering the issue was configurations that had either many additional network interfaces, or had interfaces using longer names, causing buffer overruns within dcd. I don't know if it ever got confirmed or if it was just a theory.
It wasn't my intent to hijack this thread, but thanks for more detail than I've seen before.