What's new

Solved Can't run installed entware binaries anymore.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

domic

Regular Contributor
I get these errors when trying to manually run binaries (even running them directly from their true paths don't work.

admin@RT:/tmp/home/root# fish
-sh: fish: not found
admin@RT:/tmp/home/root# htop
-sh: htop: not found
admin@RT:/tmp/home/root# bash
bash: htop: not found

How do I fix this without factory resetting? (I want to learn how this Linux software thing works so I become more comfortable using it and fixing my errors.

I get these errors when trying to manually run binaries (even running them directly from their true paths don't work.

admin@RT:/tmp/home/root# fish
-sh: fish: not found
-sh: htop: not found
admin@RT:/tmp/home/root# bash
bash: htop: not found
I'd suggest double-checking the basics first to eliminate the simple problems:

1) Make sure that each binary file is in fact found where it's supposed to be (e.g. /opt/bin/htop) & has the proper file permissions (-rwxr-xr-x). Double-check any symbolic links as well.

Here is a command to check for the htop binary:
Bash:
ls -leF /opt/bin | grep "htop"

2) If all binary files are found OK, then double-check that the PATH environment variable contains the required directory paths where the binary files are located.

Here is a command to check for standard Entware binary paths:
Bash:
echo $PATH | grep -o -E "/opt/bin|/opt/sbin"
The above command should output at least one entry for each directory path. If not, your PATH variable is not being set up correctly, in which case double-check that "/opt/etc/profile" is found and being executed in your interactive login shell sessions.

Just my 2 cents.

I found out that my USB drives don't mount automatically any more...
I can manage to sometimes make them mount by trying to unmount the entware USB drive in the Web GUI, physically unplug and replug the entware USB drive, force a Web GUI rescan for newly plugged in USB devices, and from scMerlin GUI restart all entware applications, then it works.
But after a router reboot, it's gone again...

I have a relevant syslog file saved on my phone, I could share that with you. But how do I obfuscate any sensitive info like Mac addresses before I upload it?

I have a relevant syslog file saved on my phone, I could share that with you. But how do I obfuscate any sensitive info like Mac addresses before I upload it?
MAC addresses aren't sensitive information. The only thing you need to worry about is your public IP address and any email or DDNS addresses that might possibly be shown in the syslog.

I found the problem and solved it.
I had to move up a command in the file "/jffs/scripts/post-mount" so it runs in the right order during boot.

File has to begin with
Bash:
#!/bin/sh
. /jffs/addons/diversion/mount-entware.div # Added by amtm
followed by any other commands you want to run.