What's new

can't seem to install on ac-1900p

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Justin Bell

New Around Here
I am trying to install the firmware on my ac-1900p and I upload the firmware to it, it seems to accept it, reboot and it's still the same stock firmware.

Any hints on what I am doing wrong. I am using the AC-68U firmware like the site says to

What firmware is currently on the 1900P? Do you have any USB devices connected? Did you reboot and wait about 5 to 10 minutes before flashing the RMerlin firmware?

Try unplugging (after safely removing, from the router's GUI) all USB devices. Reboot the router and wait 10 minutes. Now, does the new firmware take?

Or power on while holding WPS button for 10 seconds then try flashing again? Or use firmware restoration tool? There’s a few different things you can be trying to fix this.

I am trying to install the firmware on my ac-1900p and I upload the firmware to it, it seems to accept it, reboot and it's still the same stock firmware.

Any hints on what I am doing wrong. I am using the AC-68U firmware like the site says to
Is it really an RT-AC1900 and not a TM-AC1900? The TM-AC1900 is specifically not supported.

Assuming its a real AC68(rt-ac1900p), not a TM-Mobile converted :oops:, you should try removing all USB devices hooked on the router, reboot, and reflash.

Thanks to the advice here, I rebooted twice, waited about 15 minutes, installed, rebooted again and it finally was installed.
No USB devices were attached at any time and yes it is an actual ac-1900p as bought from best buy