What's new

Can't select 2.4 channel on N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LarsErikOsterud

New Around Here
When I try to set anything other than AUTO for 2.4 wireless it changes back to 20/40 and AUTO.
I can change from 20/40 to 20 and save. But as soon as I change the channel is resets.
And the channel selected by AUTO is very crowded so I need to set channel manually.
Happens on the two latest builds (trid updating just now)

Did you factory reset after loading new firmware? The only problem I have with 380.57 in EU is that you can't select the upper 2 channels 12 and 13, well you can but it doesn't stick and returns to auto - lower ones are fine. This is an Asus bug, apparently fixed in their recent firmwares. I agree auto channel is useless!

Thank. That's exacly the problem. Only channel 13 is a bit less crowded. And I tried to select that.
Hope this will be fixed soon.

I don't see any mention in 380.58 release notes, ideally Asus will produce a firmware based on SDK 380 for the N66, because Merlin has to do magic to patch in the support to these mips routers using selected bits from GPL 378.9313. When I last looked Asus still hadn't released GPL for their fixed firmwares. Presumably the bug is in some closed source components only released in obj form for linking in at compile time, and an update will also include the improvements to Asus router app support.

Thank. That's exacly the problem. Only channel 13 is a bit less crowded. And I tried to select that.
Hope this will be fixed soon.

I generally do not recommend selecting channel 13. A lot of clients also refuse to connect or even show the network at all on that channel, regardless of your location.

I generally do not recommend selecting channel 13. A lot of clients also refuse to connect or even show the network at all on that channel, regardless of your location.
Unfortunately true. I have a "UK-only" version of the Amazon Fire TV Stick which cannot detect channels 12 and 13. I've also had numerous Intel wireless cards that refused to acknowledge the existence of any countries other than the US.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!