What's new

Captcha on AC86U Sign-in screen

• Thread starter Deleted member 51572
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't remember if failed logging attempts are logged or not. But if you enabled WAN access to your webui, disable that immediately. It's a major security risk, and over the years numerous router compromises occurred because of that. Use a VPN server if you need remote management access.
Thanks RMerlin, I could not find any entry's in the log as to whether there was a failed login attempt...WAN access is always disabled and I do use VPN... The issue I had was that I saw, for no apparent reason, my ISPs modem reboot "like power cycle" several times and of course my RT-AX88U lost WAN connection, and when I went to log in from the LAN side I was meet with CAPTCHA...??? My Security protocol required me to change all passwords... ;-)

P.S. thanks for all your great work.

If you get a Captcha, then it means something on that same computer is frequently trying to access your router's interface, triggering it. Could be malware, could be a security suite scanning port 80 on your LAN.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online