What's new

Certain devices get dropped from WiFi immediately after connecting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DogsSchrodinger

New Around Here
For the last few days multiple devices (Windows, macOS and iOS) have had trouble connecting to the network.

There is nothing fancy about the network. I use WPA2/WPA3 Personal with around 8 devices connected currently. I'm running 386.7. Running on Dual-Band Smart Connect.
The problem is that some devices are refusing to connect, acting like the password is wrong and not even a restart is solving the problem. Before I do a full on factory reset I wanted to ask around if you could figure something from the logs.

In the logs at 17:08:08 you can see a macbook successfully connecting, which is rare, but even if that happens it gets immediately dropped from the network. Most of the time it does not even connect and continues to throw authentication errors. Same on Windows.

Lower down, around 17:16:18 you can see my iPhone connecting, which doesn't seem to have much trouble and can actually use the network.

Update: As I was writing this, I did another restart. Now the Mac connected and is staying. I swear it feels like after around 8 devices are connected problems the problems start.

I'm also a tad bit new here so sorry if I'm messing stuff up around the post.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    17.4 KB · Views: 69
For the last few days multiple devices (Windows, macOS and iOS) have had trouble connecting to the network.

There is nothing fancy about the network. I use WPA2/WPA3 Personal with around 8 devices connected currently. I'm running 386.7. Running on Dual-Band Smart Connect.
The problem is that some devices are refusing to connect, acting like the password is wrong and not even a restart is solving the problem. Before I do a full on factory reset I wanted to ask around if you could figure something from the logs.

In the logs at 17:08:08 you can see a macbook successfully connecting, which is rare, but even if that happens it gets immediately dropped from the network. Most of the time it does not even connect and continues to throw authentication errors. Same on Windows.

Lower down, around 17:16:18 you can see my iPhone connecting, which doesn't seem to have much trouble and can actually use the network.

Update: As I was writing this, I did another restart. Now the Mac connected and is staying. I swear it feels like after around 8 devices are connected problems the problems start.

I'm also a tad bit new here so sorry if I'm messing stuff up around the post.
Router model?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!