What's new

Cgnat Ddns Help Needed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

magistra86

New Around Here
Hi Everyone,

Im just a noob user when it comes to firmwares and coding. I owned an Asus DSL-AC68U from Turkey many years ago and using it wih merlins firmware for years.
Currently i am using 386.00_0-gnuton0_alpha9 release without problems.

My main problem is; my ISP started using CGNAT (double nat), gives me a 100.xx.xx.xx. ip address which is not public IP. So i cant use Ddns services therefore cant reach my GUI or download master when i am outside home and this is the main reason i purchased this device many years ago. I made hours of research to solve the issue but solutions are beyond my skills. ( reverse SSH, User scripts , ngrok etc) Finally i contacted @GNUton and he directed me to open a threat here.

I dont want to buy static Ip because in Turkey internet connection prices are already high enough.

If there is anyone can help a noob like me to configure my DSL-AC68U to be reachable while outside, i will be grateful forever and mention their effort in Turkish network communities as much as i can. Many users like me having the same difficulties in Turkey.
Thank you for advance.

Hi,

From a configuration standpoint of your Asus DSL-AC68U modem router, there is nothing you can do to be able to reach it from the internet if it does not have a public IP address. The only one that can do something is your ISP.

I had this problem with my ISP, I had a public IP address, then they switched my account to the CGNAT IP pool and could not access my home network.
I called their support center, but after 5 minutes of talking with the support agent (after 10-15 minutes of waiting) I finally gave up since they didn't know what I was talking about and would not redirect my call to someone who did even after I asked them to; but I don't blame them, it's just a job for them and they followed some guidelines that the company provides.
Using the contact forms on their website, I sent them a request stating that I want to be able to access my home network from the internet and that I need a public IP like I used to have. They called me in 15 minutes telling me that my request was fulfilled and since then I have a public IP address.

My parents and my sister, who live in different cities, but have the same ISP, both used to have public IPs and now they have CGNAT IPs, but they don't need or want to access their home network so they just use the internet like this.

If your IPS offer free DDNS service like mine is, then your chances of you getting a public IP again is greater. So, try reaching your out to your ISP and see if they can offer you a public IP the way they used to. Use some sort of written request, like an email or support ticket, so that if the first person that sees it doesn't know what to do with it, they'll ask around or forward it to someone who does.

Good luck!

Hi,

From a configuration standpoint of your Asus DSL-AC68U modem router, there is nothing you can do to be able to reach it from the internet if it does not have a public IP address. The only one that can do something is your ISP.

I had this problem with my ISP, I had a public IP address, then they switched my account to the CGNAT IP pool and could not access my home network.
I called their support center, but after 5 minutes of talking with the support agent (after 10-15 minutes of waiting) I finally gave up since they didn't know what I was talking about and would not redirect my call to someone who did even after I asked them to; but I don't blame them, it's just a job for them and they followed some guidelines that the company provides.
Using the contact forms on their website, I sent them a request stating that I want to be able to access my home network from the internet and that I need a public IP like I used to have. They called me in 15 minutes telling me that my request was fulfilled and since then I have a public IP address.

My parents and my sister, who live in different cities, but have the same ISP, both used to have public IPs and now they have CGNAT IPs, but they don't need or want to access their home network so they just use the internet like this.

If your IPS offer free DDNS service like mine is, then your chances of you getting a public IP again is greater. So, try reaching your out to your ISP and see if they can offer you a public IP the way they used to. Use some sort of written request, like an email or support ticket, so that if the first person that sees it doesn't know what to do with it, they'll ask around or forward it to someone who does.

Good luck!

Thank you for your post AureIM ;

I tried every possible way with my ISP called 3 times, contacted from twitter, opened support tickets but no luck they know the issue but they are telling me there is not enough ipv4 in their hands and they are using CGnat pools for everyone. Only solution they are offering getting a static IP which costs more then it worths.

After many research im %90 sure there is solution using reverse SSH, User scripts , ngrok but iam noob and they are beyond my skills. So my only hope is getting a pro help from here :)

Sadly, there is no easy or fool proof way. You could try a DDNS endpoint service that can facilitate something like Nat Traversal. But even that is hit and miss and you are still paying someone else to reach your own network.

I was using SoftEtherVPN as they have a DDNS Nat Traversal that punched a hole through my NAT issue. Then my ISP made some much needed upgrades. Now the NAT-T does not work which has left me out in the cold as well.

IPv6 was to fix all this, but it has been real slow to implement.