What's new

Change IP on node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Avinitlarge

Occasional Visitor
Hi clever people 😄
I have 3 RT-AC86u nodes, it it possible to give each one a static IP?
I’ve used the same IP address for access points for years, I want to keep it all the same if possible. I know it’s not important but my OCD says it is 😆
Thanks ☺️

Hi clever people 😄
I’ve used the same IP address for access points for years, I want to keep it all the same if possible. I know it’s not important but my OCD says it is 😆
Thanks ☺️
If you go into the LAN LAN-IP setting you can on the Node assign an IP assuming the setup is the same setup for a node as it is for an IP. If you can't do it on the node then on your primary router can assign a static IP to the MAC address of the node. Just be sure and avoid problems with the IPs you assign be sure they are outside the primary IP pool range that the router assigns but in the same subnet.

Hi clever people 😄
Thanks ☺️
No, you can't assign a static IP address to an AiMesh node. You can, however, manually assign an IP address via the router LAN/DHCP Server/Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list. The nodes will not appear in the drop down list but use the MAC address the node uses to connect to the LAN.

As I said, this is not a static IP address but manually assigned.

Hi clever people 😄
Thanks ☺️

Give it up... life's too short!

OE

I put it in AP mode (vs AiMesh) and I was able to assign a static IP. But yeah other than that.... not worth it!

I gave it a try, it worked fine after restarting the modem
Glad to hear your success. Mine would have worked but the IP address I assigned is used by a managed switch.