What's new

Changing Control Channel does not seem to work.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bertilak

Regular Contributor
Using the Wireless web page, I changed my 2.4 GHz band from control channel 1 to control channel 6. I press apply and the web page shows this change, but the "WiFi Site Survey" page continues to show channel 1. The Wireless setup page and the WiFi Site Survey page disagree! Am I doing something wrong?

My reason for making this change is that after a day of power brownouts one of my 2.4 devices lost connection to the network and I could not get it back. I thought maybe it had a problem with that specific channel so perhaps setting up a different channel would help. The device is a Ting whose job it is to monitor for power glitches so it seems it should have taken all this in stride.

Runing as a simple, non-mesh, system.

RT AC86U Firmware 386.9 Updated 2023/02/02 16:05 (and everything working fine since then)

The Wireless setup page and the WiFi Site Survey page disagree!

Reboot your router and check again.

Hopefully you have a backup of your previous firmware because this evening I've spend 1h time to reconfigure one AC86U with this exact issue:

I have recommended 386.9 to a friend of mine and the router locked up a week later. Had to go fix it, reverted to proven stable 386.5_2 for now.

Using the Wireless web page, I changed my 2.4 GHz band from control channel 1 to control channel 6. I press apply and the web page shows this change, but the "WiFi Site Survey" page continues to show channel 1. The Wireless setup page and the WiFi Site Survey page disagree! Am I doing something wrong?
You need to go to "Configure" and click on "Start Data Collection". Then go back to "Site Survey", select the 2.4GHz SSID and click on "Scan".

You need to go to "Configure" and click on "Start Data Collection". Then go back to "Site Survey", select the 2.4GHz SSID and click on "Scan".
That did it!

P.S. My Ting device came back online before I did that. I think everything just needed a bit of rest!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!