What's new

Cheap wifi router with access time limits

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Z100

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

since kids nowadays are getting crazy with WIFI I'd like to install some router which:
  • would let me setup wifi network dedicated for my kids with time limits so for example they can connect between X-Y only on Mon-Fri and between W-Z on weekends
  • uses open source software
  • cheap
  • generally recognized as "Good router" by community

Can anybody advice me if there is any router like that ?

Hello,

since kids nowadays are getting crazy with WIFI I'd like to install some router which:
  • would let me setup wifi network dedicated for my kids with time limits so for example they can connect between X-Y only on Mon-Fri and between W-Z on weekends
  • uses open source software
  • cheap
  • generally recognized as "Good router" by community

Can anybody advice me if there is any router like that ?

Some more info would be helpful. What is your ISP paid for speeds right now? Are you thinking you'll upgrade them in the near or not-to-distant future? What size of an area is expected to be covered with a new router? Is the current one meeting your needs, coverage, and speed-wise?

If you are at around 200/200 Mbps up/down right now and thinking you'll stay there for a couple of years, the Asus RT-AC68U is still a solid router.

If you're expecting to go for significantly faster ISP speeds, then the Asus RT-AC86U would be a better investment, long term.

Both will do what you want with parental controls.

Make a point to install and use the RMerlin firmware on them for the best experience. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!