What's new

Checking ethernet negotiated speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

drabisan

Very Senior Member
On my old 68U I had robocfg.
On newer models robocfg is no more.
ifconfig is not showing the speed.
Can anybody share a command that'll do the job? That if there's such command. Please!

Thank you

ethctl eth0 media-type does the job
But what is the mapping? I see eth0 to 6. But that's for a router that has a WAN and 8xLAN.
eth0 seems to be WAN (guessing, by looking at traffic in ifconfig eth0), but 1-6 doesn't match 8xLAN.

With the newer AsusWRT versions it is shown in the System Status - Status Tab (in below case there is nothing connected to port LAN 1, otherwise it would show like what is shown for the WAN port:
upload_2019-12-26_11-6-26.png

I have an GT-AC5300 that shows eth0 to 8.
6-7-8 are returning errors for ethctl eth6 media-type
Error: Interface eth6 ioctl SIOCGQUERYNUMPORTS error!

RT-AX88U has eth0 to 7 and eth6&7 are returning the same error.

What I would want to understand is what is the logic and how can I map physical ports with logical ports.
I think I can reverse engineer it in some ways (unplug the cable, see the port that goes down), but the fact I don't have enough logical ports tells me there's something else to be figure out.

With the newer AsusWRT versions it is shown in the System Status - Status Tab (in below case there is nothing connected to port LAN 1, otherwise it would show like what is shown for the WAN port:
View attachment 20458

Right and accurate for the router. Do you know any ways to get the same info for AiMesh node?
Cause actually that's the reason I asked...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!