What's new

Cisco CWB150AX experiences

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I finally have Windows 11 running. It took all day. I had a reserve partition full and I had to free up space. It took me hours to figure it out. The test passed for Windows 11 but it still said not compatible with Windows 11. I tried to force the install and it would bomb out.

Any way Windows 11 works much better with my Cisco CBW150AX wireless APs. It is smoother and faster on my laptop. I think WiFi 6 is better using Windows 11.

I have 64 gigs of ram, an Intel i9 cpu in my Dell laptop and I have not seen an issue other than Microsoft making their reserve system partition too small in Windows 10 for Windows 11. I have my page file set to no page file. It forces my system to use my ram and not work my SSD so hard using the page file which hopefully makes my SSD last longer.

I am kind of liking Windows 11. Wireless is definitely better for me.

I finally got my wife's sewing room setup with a Cisco 150ax wireless AP. I had to add another cable to my existing hole in my closet where all my networking gear lives. I am just fanning out cables to all the wireless APs.

I changed all my 150ax APs to automatic, channels, power levels, with auto roaming. It seems to be working fine. I need to run it for a while. My wife is happy as she notices the internet is faster.

It also turns out my bed has a stronger signal now. I never even noticed but my front wall on my bedroom has a fireplace in it that is shared on both sides, and I guess it blocks some of the signal. I my wife's sewing room is on the back wall of my bedroom and there is a door which we kind of have line of site through the open door. I might add an AP to my bedroom. It is so easy drill a hole in the ceiling and add the AP.

I like adding more APs. I may end up with APs in all my large rooms.

I originally had my 2x Cisco 150ax wireless units set channels I choose based on running a scanner with 100% power. I may do this again, but I want to see how well the auto works. I don't know how dynamic the auto is. They have more settings on the roaming part when you go into expert mode which I just discovered.

Last edited:
I finally have Windows 11 running. It took all day.

At the risk of running off thread - I've been holding off on the Win11 thing...

Between disk IO issues with SSD's and network issues, along with video drivers and performance - nothing specific to any device/vendor, but Win10 has been fairly stable and performant...

I've got a spare Dell low-end laptop with a 11th Gen Core-i7, SSD, and a QCA wifi card - so maybe I'll also take that leap of faith - it's on Win10Pro now...

I have upgraded my main workstation to W11 about 6 months ago and i am very happy with it and it is not even the most modern hardware. It is equipped with 2 NVMe SSD's and works perfectly fine. No issues, no errors, no driver problems. Works flawless and has some nice features.

Yes, I like Windows 11. I just changed my new refurbished gen 8 Dell tower PC to Windows 11. It had Windows 10 on it. I want to use it as my new NAS, and I want to start with Windows 11. I think it will be next on my list. I have made a lot of changes setting up pfsense on a Dell with a i3-6100T 35-watt CPU and replacing my Cisco L3 switch then adding another Cisco 150ax wireless AP. So, I have 3 Cisco 150ax wireless APs now.
I also added an APC smartUPS 1000. This takes care of the power outages with Cisco 150ax APs. They stay hot all the time, so they do not need to download their code from the cloud every time they lose power.