What's new

Cisco RV320 vs Ubiquiti Edgemax router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tcviper

Occasional Visitor
Hello all,

Ive been in doubt for a while now and maybe with the help of some friends here I can make up my mind. Ive been testing the Cisco RV320 router for quite some time and love the easy GUI, options and performance (very fast). Then later on I saw the Edgerouter PRO from Ubiquiti and have been using it now for a week or two. The Edgerouter is really good but is seriously lacking decent options in the GUI and is sometimes failing specific things like UPNP (Which is still a bit buggy) and most things are very hard to tweak (as they can only be done through CLI, which I just dont have time for to learn).

What do you all suggest I keep as my main router of these two?
The same goes for the access points, I have both the WAP561 from Cisco here aswell as the Ubiquiti Access points (PRO).

What would you go for and what do you suggest?
Love to hear feedback.

Basically mostly at home (plus my office business) with average 6-10 users, airplay / dlna is important and throughput is very important. We have a 200/100 Internet connection and have about 10 devices local that host things like plex server, email, web etc. Plus game development.

Those are very different routers from one another. A better comparison might be the Edgerouter Lite VS the Cisco RV320. The Edgerouter Lite will still be more powerful and will be able to do more things, but its GUI is seriously lacking. The Cisco is much more user friendly. You said you tested the Cisco. If the Cisco did what you wanted it to do, at the speeds you needed, then you may want to go with it. If you will have a need for more advanced routing soon and don't mind using the CLI then go with the Edgerouter. I have an Edgerouter Lite at home and love it, but I am ok using the CLI.

i absolutely love my EdgeRouter lite thats all im gonna say, i honestly don't know much about the cisco but i doubt it offers the same power for anything close to as good of a price