What's new

Cloud Disk Login Settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Preskitt.man

Regular Contributor
I'm trying to figure out how how to get more granular control of the Asus Cloud Disk settings. As I understand things and see from my experience, when it is turned on, you login in to Cloud disk with one's router userid (typically admin) and password settings (I have changed it from the default). Once logged in, I can see everything on my USB drives with full r/w/d authority. I would like more granular control. Specifically:
1) Different userid(s) / password for Cloud disk than router
2) Userid determines what shares and what privileges one has access to

Can this be done?

I am on stock Asus firmware v583.

Dave

I'm trying to figure out how how to get more granular control of the Asus Cloud Disk settings. As I understand things and see from my experience, when it is turned on, you login in to Cloud disk with one's router userid (typically admin) and password settings (I have changed it from the default). Once logged in, I can see everything on my USB drives with full r/w/d authority. I would like more granular control. Specifically:
1) Different userid(s) / password for Cloud disk than router
2) Userid determines what shares and what privileges one has access to

Can this be done?

I am on stock Asus firmware v583.

Dave

You didn't mention what model you have....

I brought this issue/request up in another thread a while back ago when i first purchased an Asus router...

But no...far as I know...u can only access the cloud disk web page via the router Admin login....you can not create separate accounts to use....only the FTP server feature you can do that.

I don't know why they do it this way....but I too want to be able to set different users and permissions so that I can have friends access the cloud disk page to download files etc.

I have an ac68u, but I don't think issue is specific to model. Their app is also very dated and busted. When I go to a folder with photos, thumbnails show up on, but when I select one, all I get is a black screen with a tiny refresh symbol in center.

I have an ac68u, but I don't think issue is specific to model. Their app is also very dated and busted. When I go to a folder with photos, thumbnails show up on, but when I select one, all I get is a black screen with a tiny refresh symbol in center.

It worked fine for me...it may depend on the file format of the image/video.

Their older AiCloud software did suck...but recent versions..looks and works great....imo.

However, I still prefer my own Win Server 2012 R2 Essentials server..and its remote access page...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!