What's new

Cloudflare warnings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This looks like there was a temporary server problem on my end.

The site was a bit slower than usual for me last night around 1 am Eastern. Someone else asked on IRC if the site was down a bit earlier than that, so there might have been some issues late last night.

The site was a bit slower than usual for me last night around 1 am Eastern. Someone else asked on IRC if the site was down a bit earlier than that, so there might have been some issues late last night.
It appears there was something off. Forums were dog slow this AM. Reboot seems to have fixed it.

I would like to add that the Cloudflare CAPTCHA system used here makes me want to scream. I remember it being annoying when I lived in the UK. It's really bad here in Sao Paulo. Always popping up and making me have to click on squares in photos sometimes half a dozen times before I am in. Would be nice to think one day that this could be turned down/disabled.

I would like to add that the Cloudflare CAPTCHA system used here makes me want to scream. I remember it being annoying when I lived in the UK. It's really bad here in Sao Paulo. Always popping up and making me have to click on squares in photos sometimes half a dozen times before I am in. Would be nice to think one day that this could be turned down/disabled.

What Cloudflare Captcha? Never seen one on this site at any time.

If Cloudflare is throwing that at you it is seeing something it doesn't like with your connection/IP/browser etc.

What Cloudflare Captcha? Never seen one on this site at any time.

If Cloudflare is throwing that at you it is seeing something it doesn't like with your connection/IP/browser etc.

It'll be selectively applied, probably based on geo location. I had to do two captcha's just to login. I'll do a test from a UK network later to see if it's still happening there. It's very annoying here in Sao Paulo. I see a lot of sites block or restrict access from where I am. It's nothing I have done. Have to ask the site owner what settings they've applied.

Checked the forum via a VPN and I don't get the capture using a UK IP address. What's been the problem from Brazil, or is it just an assumption that nothing genuine can come from an IP address here, when directed toward this forum? :)

Ask Cloudflare, they're the ones deciding when to display a Captcha.

@David Thornton, I'm also in São Paulo and getting Captcha requests constantly, even if I remain logged in to the forums. Every 10 minutes or so, if I load a new page, the Captcha prompt appears again. Very annoying.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!