What's new

Cloudflare WARP on a router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

#TY

Is this possible on my ASUS router yet? I’ve tried it on my phone and absolutely loving the performance!

No, they only have Android and iOS clients.

Damn that’s too bad. Hope that changes in the future. Thanks for the heads up :)

What OPNVPN says (today): "While protecting the Internet traffic on various hot-spots and insecure networks is a valid use case, we are concerned Cloudflare's reimplementation of the WireGuard code has not reached maturity yet."

Source: https://openvpn.net/what-is-cloudflare-vpn/

My 2 cents: I haven't (yet) seen any substantial reports of anyone cracking into a wireguard configured network. Maybe that's because it's still new and maybe it's because it is difficult to accomplish (and maybe, I'm not seeing the source material, which would be appreciated if someone posted).

I think I read it's based on Wireguard (so not OpenVPN)?

It's based on WG with some n0-touch client config...

I played around with it - sometimes works, sometimes not on iOS - I think sometimes it gets confused when it hops from LTE back to the LAN connection..

I ended up disabling it because of the battery hit on my older iPhone6s - with Warp enabled, I couldn't make it thru the day...

Seek and ye shall find: