What's new

Compiling your own firmware - Possible for a non-computer science professional??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That looks like an acceptable solution to me. Just need to document it on the Wiki for easy access to newcomers.

If you'd like, I can write up some documentation for the wiki tomorrow most likely. Would you want it in the existing documentation for compiling on Ubuntu/Mint or should there be a new wiki just for checking out a tagged release?

If you'd like, I can write up some documentation for the wiki tomorrow most likely. Would you want it in the existing documentation for compiling on Ubuntu/Mint or should there be a new wiki just for checking out a tagged release?

Ideally, I'd say have a new page specifically on "How to download the source code". The two build pages could then be updated to point back at that new wiki page in the part that says how to clone the repo.

I'll start regularly tagging releases (starting with tonight's Beta 3) from now on.

Thanks!

No problem. I'll write up some docs tomorrow using your beta 3 as a reference point, then update it for the next stable tagged build.

I'll read it more in details when I get back home tonight, but at first glance your formatting looks damn good to me. :)

Well, not quite. Haha. GitHub's version of Markdown tries to syntax highlight inside code blocks automatically which didn't play well with some of the example git output I put inside them. I've fixed it this morning now however so all should be well. :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!