What's new

configure 2 VPN client ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BEF33

Occasional Visitor
Hello there everyone,
I would like to configure two VPN client : one for Netflix US and one for Netflix France.
Because I want to be able to connect Netflix US and be able to cast to my chromecast.
And in the same time, to have the possibility to connect to Netflix France.
Do you know how to do it if possible ?
Thanks for help
BR

Another unknown is how Netflix determines which of their servers your device connects to. If it’s solely based on country DNS and/or originating IP address then it should work, assuming your VPN provider will permit you to choose which of their servers to use.

Yet another unknown is if Netflix uses your account information to determine which server to connect to irrespective of what your originating IP address is.

Final unknown is whether or not Netflix uses the location detected by your device to determine which server to connect to.

What type of device are you planning to run your VPN client on?

While using Merlin firmware on an ASUS router allows you to run up to five VPN clients at the same time they all must use different ports which isn't always an option with some providers.

@ApexRon: yes a lot of unknown which exceed my knowledges....
@CaptainSTX: the device is the problem....If I connect my smartphone android to NordVPN, and I cast Netflix US to the chromecast plugged on TV. The chromecast being not on VPN, the cast fails.
If I install NordVPN on my asus router, all the devices of my home namely the chromecast, will be on the NordVPN, and so, cast of Netflix US to the chromecast of TV will working.
BUT, Netflix France doesn't work through US servers. So...........
Moreover I don't know what the fact to VPN with an US server permanently, implies for my home in France ???
Finally, I use VPN manager add-on and Netflix add-on on my LibreElec-Kodi HTPC to have Netflix US on my TV.
BUUUT there is a frustrating bug.... the search function doesn't work, so I have to be content with predefined sections that do not contain so many different films from the netflix france portfolio, than that. GRRRRR...

@ApexRon: yes a lot of unknown which exceed my knowledges....
You need to query Netflix to determine answers to my unknowns to you. Without that knowledge you will be forced to perform trial and error.

Hello there everyone,
I would like to configure two VPN client : one for Netflix US and one for Netflix France.
Because I want to be able to connect Netflix US and be able to cast to my chromecast.
And in the same time, to have the possibility to connect to Netflix France.
Do you know how to do it if possible ?
Thanks for help
BR

So Asus allows upto 5 VPN Connections and you can pick selective routing - this my setup
Netflix is on many device now
So I have 2 VPNs
1 is US Dedicated fon Roku 192.168.50.245 ( as example )
1 is Japan Dedicated on Sony Bravia 192.168.50.153 ( as example )

You have to go each time you need, in your router to switch, isn't it ?
and 1 for google chromecast ? it's possible you think ?
I will appreciate very much if you accept to give me the detailed guide to do so because I can't succeed in

What is ur setup, maybe I can explain better