What's new

Confused about 2 Node XT8 setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cmax932

New Around Here
Hi
I’m a bit confused and at a loss.
I have the XT8 2 nodes configured in a typical UK suburban 4 bed semi house. The router is situated uptairs front middle room where my Virgin Media modem is and the 2nd node is placed downstairs rear dining room. The nodes backhaul is connected via Ethernet and things seem to work great.
I’ve been doing some speedtest today using FAST.com and SPeedtest app and I can get 220Mbps when connected to the main router (which is my full speed broadband speed).
When I connect to the 2nd node I can only get 90Mbps being only 2 meters away from it. Sat in the exact same spot I then connect to the main node I then get the full 220Mbps. All test have been done with IOS devices (Ipad Pro and iPhone 11 Pro, which I believe are both Wi-Fi 6).

I’m really confused why Wi-Fi speed could differ so much from the 2nd node which has an Ethernet backhaul. My setup is default in all settings and I’m running firmware 45898.
Are my AImesh node clashing? Any other ideas?

You can try go to Aimesh Section > System Settings > Tick Ethernet Backhaul Mode

DSC_09598.jpg

Hi
I’m a bit confused and at a loss.
I have the XT8 2 nodes configured in a typical UK suburban 4 bed semi house. The router is situated uptairs front middle room where my Virgin Media modem is and the 2nd node is placed downstairs rear dining room. The nodes backhaul is connected via Ethernet and things seem to work great.
I’ve been doing some speedtest today using FAST.com and SPeedtest app and I can get 220Mbps when connected to the main router (which is my full speed broadband speed).
When I connect to the 2nd node I can only get 90Mbps being only 2 meters away from it. Sat in the exact same spot I then connect to the main node I then get the full 220Mbps. All test have been done with IOS devices (Ipad Pro and iPhone 11 Pro, which I believe are both Wi-Fi 6).

I’m really confused why Wi-Fi speed could differ so much from the 2nd node which has an Ethernet backhaul. My setup is default in all settings and I’m running firmware 45898.
Are my AImesh node clashing? Any other ideas?
Hi.
Is the Ethernet cable plugged in the WAN-port of the node?

Hi.
Is the Ethernet cable plugged in the WAN-port of the node?
AND of course the other end of the cable must be plugged in to the xt8 router, not the virgin gateway. You are probably only connected to the xt8 router via 2,4Ghz. That would explain the drop in speed.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!