What's new

confused on Port FWD .. what da ..?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So Im in town now.. went to buy another of these Routers.. left it as is ,,

did the test and ........success on new router at home

could it be the 192.168.3.1 causing issues ?

Ill only find out at the other location later this week ..

sill if you ask me if this is the issue !

thanks for the test !!

So Im in town now.. went to buy another of these Routers.. left it as is ,,

did the test and ........success on new router at home

could it be the 192.168.3.1 causing issues ?

Ill only find out at the other location later this week ..

sill if you ask me if this is the issue !

thanks for the test !!
My LAN is at 192.168.29.x and works, 192.168.3.x must work as well.

Solution Found

Going through ALL settings
I noticed on that main status page was that the WAN address was a Private address .. 192.168.3.240 ??

that led me to call the ISP

I told him what the issues I was going through... and he told me that the Private WAN address was normal.. I was expecting a Public Address..

he knew exactly what I was going through on the Port forward..

3 secs later he told me to try it again.. and bing..port forward worked.. he told me he had to refresh the Static IP as it was reserved for the other Router ? .. not sure exactly what that meant.. in any case.. thrilled it worked and even more impressed a Level 2 ISP tech was able to repair a prob..

Not sure I can say the same as ASUS .. her answer was they dont support MAC OS 10.9 only level 10 ...??

lol..pittyful

anyway.. thank you all for your support in what was very confusing adventure.. 68U purring along

Going through ALL settings
I noticed on that main status page was that the WAN address was a Private address .. 192.168.3.240 ??

that led me to call the ISP
Ah ok, so you did not check if your STATIC IP 68.xxx.xxxx was correctly propagated to the new router. Anyway good you discovered it now :)

I told him what the issues I was going through... and he told me that the Private WAN address was normal.. I was expecting a Public Address..

he knew exactly what I was going through on the Port forward..

3 secs later he told me to try it again.. and bing..port forward worked.. he told me he had to refresh the Static IP as it was reserved for the other Router ? .. not sure exactly what that meant.. in any case.. thrilled it worked and even more impressed a Level 2 ISP tech was able to repair a prob..
It means the ISP "knows" the WAN MAC address of your router and your STATIC IP 68.xxx.xxxx is bound to that MAC address. The router WAN MAC address is printed on the bottom.
If you again renew your router, you can use the "MAC Clone" function in the WAN settings page to enter the MAC address of your previous router, and make your ISP believe it is still the same old router and assigns the correct static IP address.

Not sure I can say the same as ASUS .. her answer was they dont support MAC OS 10.9 only level 10 ...??

lol..pittyful

anyway.. thank you all for your support in what was very confusing adventure.. 68U purring along
A typical average helpdesk policy and answer...well, they cannot support everything back to stone age.
Enjoy your RT-AC68U :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!