What's new

connmon Connmon "Exclude ping tests from QoS"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SilentStorm

Regular Contributor
Hey everyone,

Need a bit of help on this setting. Confused as to what it's talking about.. so if I have this setting on no, would it be doing a ping test with QoS on? If I have the setting on yes, it would be doing the setting as if QoS were to be off?

If you enable Exclude ping test from QoS it will stop QoS prior and restart QoS when it's done with the ping test.

This means you'll loose your stats if your using CakeQos 2.0.0 alpha, as the stats are being reset when QoS is stopped (which is why, as a ping test has a minimal impact, I personally leave this setting disabled as I wanted to compare my stats with different settings and I can't have the stats being reset every x minutes, because I won't have sufficient data to compare anything).

If you enable Exclude ping test from QoS it will stop QoS prior and restart QoS when it's done with the ping test.

This means you'll loose your stats if your using CakeQos 2.0.0 alpha, as the stats are being reset when QoS is stopped (which is why, as a ping test has a minimal impact, I personally leave this setting disabled as I wanted to compare my stats with different settings and I can't have the stats being reset every x minutes, because I won't have sufficient data to compare anything).
Perfect, thanks!

I don't believe it'll do that if you use Adaptive QoS (FlexQoS).

I think the whole STOP QOS/START QOS stuff is only if you use Cake.

At least, that was my interpretation of the code :)

With FlexQoS, if QoS was being stopped and started every time connmon ran, then my log would be absolutely polluted with entries - it's not.
Also, based on my understanding of the code, prior to this new Switch being added, this was the default state - i.e. this setting was always on.

I think the whole STOP QOS/START QOS stuff is only if you use Cake.

At least, that was my interpretation of the code :)

04RTx0e.png

Fair enough, I should probably look at people's signatures more closely.