What's new

connmon Connmon pauses and stops working at random hours

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SilentStorm

Regular Contributor
1615150487697.png

I'm currently experiencing an issue where connmon randomly stops pinging the IP address I want it to ping.. I'm not quite sure if this is a bug or whether something on my end is triggering this action. Currently, I have it set to ping every 10 minutes.

An option is to reinstall, but is there a way to save the data so the data is still there if I were to reinstall it? (besides exporting of course.)

View attachment 31695

I'm currently experiencing an issue where connmon randomly stops pinging the IP address I want it to ping.. I'm not quite sure if this is a bug or whether something on my end is triggering this action. Currently, I have it set to ping every 10 minutes.

An option is to reinstall, but is there a way to save the data so the data is still there if I were to reinstall it? (besides exporting of course.)
looks like the cron job disappeared. does
Code:
cru l
contain all of the scheduled tasks you'd expect?

Sometimes it happens also for me.
Not only conmon, but also ntpmerlin.

The cronjobs are there, they run If I run them manually, but the values aren't registered to the database.

It happens VERY VERY rarely, but when it happens, the only solution is to uninstall and install again both common and ntpmerlin.

I tried everytime to debug it, but I can't. And I never pointed this on forums, because I've always thought it was one of my weird router unexplainable errors :)

Jack

Great to see that the locking mechanism by Martineau is being rolled out to ALL Scripts that utilise GUI Tabs. These intermittent dissapearing Tabs on Reboot have been the thorn of some users since day 1. Much appreciation to you and Martineau for engineering and implementing a final solution to these pesky TABS. Cheers.

Jack

Great to see that the locking mechanism by Martineau is being rolled out to ALL Scripts that utilise GUI Tabs. These intermittent dissapearing Tabs on Reboot have been the thorn of some users since day 1. Much appreciation to you and Martineau for engineering and implementing a final solution to these pesky TABS. Cheers.
The code is all Martineau's

looks like the cron job disappeared. does
Code:
cru l
contain all of the scheduled tasks you'd expect?
Please excuse my lack of knowledge this field. What do you mean by "code cru 1"

Please excuse my lack of knowledge this field. What do you mean by "code cru 1"
In an ssh session logged into router, type "cru l" (lowercase l, not number 1) to generate a list of active cron jobs.

In an ssh session logged into router, type "cru l" (lowercase l, not number 1) to generate a list of active cron jobs.
connmon is showing up there. But connmon is working right now, so maybe when it stops working again, I'll try this command. Thanks!

Connmon is not surviving a reboot. After a reboot, to get connmon to show up in the Add-Ons tab, I have to manually uninstall connmon then reinstall it. This thread suggested that this problem was fixed but it is still happening for me.