What's new

Continuing webgui router issues not 386.1_2 related

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

routerbattles

Occasional Visitor
SO I was on the latest firmware prior to 386..1.2 and I had an issue after about three or four months trouble free where none of my devices had internet except my computer running through a vpn client side. The webgui wasn't working and rebooting didn't help.

I have skynet and diversion running on usb so I removed the usb key and rebooted and this time everything regained internet access. Great I thought - I'll use this as an opportunity to upgrade to latest firmware and then add back my usb key and re-install diversion and skynet. The upgrade worked great however when I re-installed skynet and diversion I lost the webgui access - which is something that has happened before related to diversion or skynet installation.

Everything is up to date and appears to work now except I have no webgui access and the crappy asus app doesn't work now which I used to use to see network usage etc.

Any suggestions as to a way forward - is this something usb key related? How can I minimise usage of this key and simplify things adding stability without losing functionality?

Thanks

How do you define losing webgui access? How do you access the webgui? What is the full URL you use?

Maybe your USB stick has corrupted files affecting Diversion and therefore dnsmasq.

How do you define losing webgui access? How do you access the webgui? What is the full URL you use?

Maybe your USB stick has corrupted files affecting Diversion and therefore dnsmasq.
Thanks for answering dave14305, I have the webgui bookmarked and it's the secure https IP of the router. It wasn't accessible by the one computer that was still working via it's own vpn. Once I removed the key everything worked except obvs diversion and skynet. Webgui access is working now so may have been temporary...

I'm looking to do yet another full reset in order to get diversion and skynet working but worried as it's never stable for me. I've tried using the usb as 2.0 and using the slow slot. I've tried disabling logging is it in diversion? Is there an idiotproof / stable and guaranteed way of getting this to work long term. Do I need to reset even or is there a simple solution here?

At this point I'd love to use skynet and diversion but it's not worth the difficulties for me - I'm willing to accept I'm doing something stupid and would like to shown the way but piecing together guides such as - https://www.snbforums.com/threads/noob-definition-of-minimal-and-manual-configuration.27115/ and https://www.snbforums.com/threads/best-practice-to-uploading-latest-merlin-386-1.69847/ These seem to be the only things to try and I'm pretty sure I've done all these things before.

Sorry for whinging and do appreciate all the work that goes into both the firmware and the addons.

Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!