What's new

Copying/Deleting Files

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Guitarfreak

New Around Here
Hi Guys

Got my N66U yesterday and immediately flashed Merlins great fw.. The only problem is now im trying to find out an easy way to copy and delete files on the mounted 1TB HDD.

Im using a Macbook Pro and the drive is showing under the shared section in finder but when i try to copy or delete anything it says this file cant be deleted/copied

Ive been into the router settings and everything is on R+W.. Am i missing something really simple?

First time ive had such a cool router so im pretty new to all of this

Cheers

Hi Guys

Got my N66U yesterday and immediately flashed Merlins great fw.. The only problem is now im trying to find out an easy way to copy and delete files on the mounted 1TB HDD.

Im using a Macbook Pro and the drive is showing under the shared section in finder but when i try to copy or delete anything it says this file cant be deleted/copied

Ive been into the router settings and everything is on R+W.. Am i missing something really simple?

First time ive had such a cool router so im pretty new to all of this

Cheers

Make sure that if you did enable Share with Account on the router that you set the R/W permission for the user you are using (click on the directory you are sharing, then click on the user on the left side to select it). It's easy to accidentally setup permissions for the Admin user and thinking it was applied to the additional users you have added.