What's new

Corsair Voyager Air & Merlinwrt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for responding,

Yes to everything you have suggested. I did read a lot about Merlin's firmware before taking the plunge i have also read a number of your post too. I been using Asus routers for the past 8yrs so i pretty much know my way around the base FW. I promise you this i have followed every bit of information regards to using Merlin's FW. I hadn't used his work before now which is why i read a lot about it before making the move. Im sure Merlin will find something that will solve this problem.

P.S even tried re flashing M's FW and leaving everything at defaults but still this drive will not show. I have 3 Synology NAS drives with no problems plus 84 other devices connected to my network with no problem just this one drive.

When I'm troubleshooting something like this, if I see every other device have no issues, except one, then I concentrate on that device, not on the device that 84 others have no issue with. :)

The Corsair Voyager Air device has something that is set-up beyond the norm or expected. Is a full reset possible on this device? Is there a firmware update for it that may address this issue? Is the Corsair Voyager Air forum any help with this development?

I am also unclear which firmware you are testing this with? Does the RMerlin alpha firmware, if available, (again, after flashing and then doing a full M&M Config) exhibit the same symptoms?

When I'm troubleshooting something like this, if I see every other device have no issues, except one, then I concentrate on that device, not on the device that 84 others have no issue with. :)

The Corsair Voyager Air device has something that is set-up beyond the norm or expected. Is a full reset possible on this device? Is there a firmware update for it that may address this issue? Is the Corsair Voyager Air forum any help with this development?

I am also unclear which firmware you are testing this with? Does the RMerlin alpha firmware, if available, (again, after flashing and then doing a full M&M Config) exhibit the same symptoms?

Tried resetting the drive and no new firmwares for a good while. Currently using M's 384.10_2 which is his latest official release?

Oh and Corsair are freaking S**T when it comes to tech support. lol

@L&LD Of subject for a sec. Im getting a header message in browser asking me to turn of add blockers. Im all for supporting sites like SNB but i don't use add blockers as such i use my Host file to block unwanted sites. If you can let me know which add sites SNB are using so i can remove the URLs from my host file.

Tried resetting the drive and no new firmwares for a good while. Currently using M's 384.10_2 which is his latest official release?

Oh and Corsair are freaking S**T when it comes to tech support. lol

I would be moving my network/dependence off of that device. I think you've spent enough time trying to fix what they won't. ;)

@L&LD Of subject for a sec. Im getting a header message in browser asking me to turn of add blockers. Im all for supporting sites like SNB but i don't use add blockers as such i use my Host file to block unwanted sites. If you can let me know which add sites SNB are using so i can remove the URLs from my host file.

I don't know the sites specifically, but they are Amazon links if that helps.

I would be moving my network/dependence off of that device. I think you've spent enough time trying to fix what they won't. ;)

I don't know the sites specifically, but they are Amazon links if that helps.

Yeah its looking like the problem could well be related to and SNB code problem from Corsair. You maybe right i may have to move on from this device.

I got 1000's of Amazon files in my Host file. IF you do get any info let me know and ill remove them.

OK.. so i can access the user menu via the browser. 192.168.1.15 (Ip where drive is parked) but thats about it.

Don't enter the URI in a web browser, enter it in a Windows File Explorer.

Don't enter the URI in a web browser, enter it in a Windows File Explorer.

I do but Windows 10 ends up opening the ip in Edge which is strange. Im searching windows settings now to see if this is an option.

Update. Not seeing any settings in win that would prevent this from happening. Looks like win explorer will default the ip to a browser if explorer cannot hand shake with the ip. Strange one this.

Last edited:
I do but Windows 10 ends up opening the ip in Edge which is strange. Im searching windows settings now to see if this is an option.

You are using this format?

\\192.168.1.15\

correct?

If you type it without the \\ Edge will open up instead.

You are using this format?

\\192.168.1.15\

correct?

If you type it without the \\ Edge will open up instead.

My bad you were right.o_O This is what i get when using the correct method

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-04-14 200045.jpg
    Annotation 2019-04-14 200045.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 277
Im now thinking @RMerlin is right. My thoughts are This drive uses SMBv1 protocol and where Merlin has disabled this from his FW the drive just wont function. I go a big middle finger for Corsair cause i know they wont fix this.

My bad you were right.o_O This is what i get when using the correct method

Okay, you may want to try entering your credentials in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager for your drive. It will probably give an error, just ignore it, but when you type the 'correct' method above, it should work.

Does your computer have SMBv1 protocol installed?

Im now thinking @RMerlin is right. My thoughts are This drive uses SMBv1 protocol and where Merlin has disabled this from his FW the drive just wont function. I go a big middle finger for Corsair cause i know they wont fix this.

SMBv1 is disabled in RMerlin's firmware? I'm not aware of this? My RT-AC86U has v1+v2 enabled. ;)

Okay, you may want to try entering your credentials in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager for your drive. It will probably give an error, just ignore it, but when you type the 'correct' method above, it should work.

Does your computer have SMBv1 protocol installed?

I removed Smbv1 along while back do to the security problems. I may have misunderstood what merlin had said about the SMBv1 ill have to look back at his posts

I think im gonna take your advise and dump this drive. I really do like M's FW and honestly this drive isn't worth a return to Asus's Official FW.

I removed Smbv1 along while back do to the security problems. I may have misunderstood what merlin had said about the SMBv1 ill have to look back at his posts

I think im gonna take your advise a dump this drive. I really do like M's FW and honestly this drive isn't worth a return to Asus's Official FW.

I once was a 'for lifer' Windows 2000 kind of user, but sometimes, it makes sense to just keep up with the current tech. ;)

I am a little bit ashamed now if I look back at what I (couldn't!) do with Windows 2000 today. :D:D:D

I once was a 'for lifer' Windows 2000 kind of user, but sometimes, it makes sense to just keep up with the current tech. ;)

I am a little bit ashamed now if I look back at what I (couldn't!) do with Windows 2000 today. :D:D:D

Yeah i hear that. This drive is the oldest device i got in my network. I only like it because i could logon multiple wifi devices when i was on the road. Was good for the kids when they wanted to watch movies in the car. All good things come to an end right. :rolleyes: Time to look for a replacement.

P.s forgot to thank you guys for the help. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!