What's new

Custom DDNS not auto updating

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tRiFFiD

Occasional Visitor
I've got a custom DDNS script set up which works perfectly if I run it manually, but for some reason whenever my WAN IP changes or I reboot the router, it does not run by itself.

1701568851458.png

1701569230077.png

Last night my IP changed and I wasn't at home, so I had to log into my ISP's portal and find out what the IP was, then SSH to my router and run the script again. I downloaded a copy of the system log and did a CTRL+F for ddns, yet the only entry was when I manually ran it rather than when the internet connection disconnected.

Dec 2 18:35:04 dropbear[26203]: Password auth succeeded for '*****' from 120.16.33.xxx.xx:56
Dec 2 18:35:52 ddns: Completed custom ddns update

This is what I have in /jffs/scripts:

1701569454715.png

1701569505967.png

When I run ./ddns-start it completes the DDNS updates successfully and my DNS gets updated, however it's not running automatically.

1701569780940.png

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

edit: forgot to add, yes custom scripts is enabled under Administration > System

Last edited:
You have Merlin firmware. Please move your thread to Asuswrt-Merlin area of the forum.