What's new

Custom firmware build for Orbi RBK50/RBK53 (RBR50, RBS50) v. 9.2.5.1.12SF-HW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What you ask for is normal firewall actions. It's already in the router. That's why you see the "attacks" in the logs.
I suggest you look and learn from this:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/script-to-block-dos-ip-addresses-reported-in-the-log.55587/
PS
(I have a plan to extend these kind of extended protection/firewall settings in my kamoj addon for R7800/R9000 - not Orbi.)
Got it, thanks again...
By the way, do you have any Suggestions if I want the router to protect against port scans and ddos attacks?

What you ask for is normal firewall actions. It's already in the router. That's why you see the "attacks" in the logs.
I suggest you look and learn from this:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/script-to-block-dos-ip-addresses-reported-in-the-log.55587/
PS
(I have a plan to extend these kind of extended protection/firewall settings in my kamoj addon for R7800/R9000 - not Orbi.)

I agree with you: "It's already in the router."
But I'm in a more serious situation. Let me introduce...
I started a small server at home for testing the developed app, so I turned on the port mapping to the public network, and bound the IP with the domain name. (My ISP will change the IP every 48 hours, so I ran a docker container to update the IP.)
Then, I found that there were always strange IP addresses accessing these ports, and ddos attacks made the router block and stop.
Although these ports are protected, I would prefer to protect them on the router.
Two weeks ago, I let these port mappings turned off and the domain name is unbound. These ddos attacks are much less, and it seems safer not to turn on port mapping.
But I can't do my work without home...
Do you have any better Suggestions? Or do I have to buy a hardware firewall?

One way is to use a VPN (OpenVPN/Wireguard e.g.) service and let your VPN ISP take the hit.
It's worth a try, but a hardware firewall is probably cheaper (and more fun!) in the long run.
I agree with you: "It's already in the router."
But I'm in a more serious situation. Let me introduce...
I started a small server at home for testing the developed app, so I turned on the port mapping to the public network, and bound the IP with the domain name. (My ISP will change the IP every 48 hours, so I ran a docker container to update the IP.)
Then, I found that there were always strange IP addresses accessing these ports, and ddos attacks made the router block and stop.
Although these ports are protected, I would prefer to protect them on the router.
Two weeks ago, I let these port mappings turned off and the domain name is unbound. These ddos attacks are much less, and it seems safer not to turn on port mapping.
But I can't do my work without home...
Do you have any better Suggestions? Or do I have to buy a hardware firewall?

One way is to use a VPN (OpenVPN/Wireguard e.g.) service and let your VPN ISP take the hit.
It's worth a try, but a hardware firewall is probably cheaper (and more fun!) in the long run.
Hahaha, thanks a lot.
My colleague have suggested using the VPN to solve this problem, but now I have a better idea.
I also hope to help others in need:
Deploy an nginx service on ECS to forward requests to my home server.
My home server will sends my IP address to ECS on a regular basis.
Then my real IP won't be exposed, the attacks and port scanning will be left to the ECS.
Although I still have to expose the port, but the risk is much less because my ISP will regularly updates the IP address.
Professional things should be done by professional ECS.

RBR50 and RBS50 update to 9.2.5.1.12SF-HW on two days ago and went smoothly till now. I will keep monitor wifi speed drop issue cause it happened before which about 3 days after reboot.

Till today, wifi 5Ghz speed maintain about 400Mbps/s (50M/s) . Is it normal?
My laptop is using Intel WiFi 6 AX201 adapter and connected with RBR50 just nearby.

My laptop is using Intel WiFi 6 AX201 adapter and connected with RBR50 just nearby.

According to my knowledge, this is the limit speed of RBR50.

What are your wired speeds?

I would get a USB to LAN adapter for your laptop.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!