What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for Orbi RBK50/RBK53 (RBR50, RBS50) v. 9.2.5.2.12SF-HW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

`does firmware support vlan per ssid? i have a router based on wrt, and want my orbi to be in access mode. Since I want to have 3 networks (guest, oit, lan) I neds support of vlan on the wifi for diffrernt zones. Is this possible?

Orbi does not support VLANs. The closest it comes is the GUEST WiFi setup that is typical of most consumer routers.

`does firmware support vlan per ssid? i have a router based on wrt, and want my orbi to be in access mode. Since I want to have 3 networks (guest, oit, lan) I neds support of vlan on the wifi for diffrernt zones. Is this possible?
No plans (at least yet) to do something with VLAN except all what is already used in the stock fw. Sorry.

Voxel.

No reason to be sorry, that clearly just means it is perfect just the way it is. haha

A consideration for you is a "slim" version that disables all non critical services and is configured solely for core wifi/mesh and no extra features or bloat.
+1 for the slim version idea.
disable all the netgear bloat and autoupdating network traffic

Hi Guys!

I have a the RBR with current firmware with a single RBS, also updated to the current firmware.

I'm experiencing some "network cable disconnected" for a short time on all devices connected on the RBS, after a few seconds, returning to normal operation, but occuring frequentely. wifi clients suffer this kind of issue. The RBS unit is connected to RBR by wifi, so no network cable between the units.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys!

I have a the RBR with current firmware with a single RBS, also updated to the current firmware.

I'm experiencing some "network cable disconnected" for a short time on all devices connected on the RBS, after a few seconds, returning to normal operation, but occuring frequentely. wifi clients suffer this kind of issue. The RBS unit is connected to RBR by wifi, so no network cable between the units.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Maybe they are placed too far. Try changing the location.
If not, try removing the unit and re-adding it

hi* voxel, I'm already thanking you even if not flashed already! highly appreciated what you are doing here!!

so pls excuse, but I'm a dummy and before I crash something... I'm asking for help

new orbi rbr 850 with one satellite
actual Fw. 3.2.18.1

1. Satellit
downgrade via gui to which fm?
restart
factory reset
restart
flash voxel latest via gui
restart
factory reset
that's it?

2. router
same procedure?

is that the way to go here?
many thanks!!!

and, if successful flashed, there will be some bonus questions in the future. because I know that I will never make it alone

online screenshare session for someone who wants to help I'm offering very good bottle rum or gin I could ship somewhere or of course money money money... this is some work I want to pay someone in return.

. killing the Telekom (Germany) DNS Server, whatever this is, its def something I want after I read the Readme on voxel hp
. running Pia vpn on router if possible on this orbi
. don't think I need entware because I will not be able to install or use something but if there's a must have, why not..
. whatever is recommend for a stable private set up

hi* voxel, I'm already thanking you even if not flashed already! highly appreciated what you are doing here!!

so pls excuse, but I'm a dummy and before I crash something... I'm asking for help

new orbi rbr 850 with one satellite
actual Fw. 3.2.18.1

1. Satellit
downgrade via gui to which fm?
restart
factory reset
restart
flash voxel latest via gui
restart
factory reset
that's it?

2. router
same procedure?

is that the way to go here?
many thanks!!!
its in the quickstart.txt

!) IMPORTANT NOTE: it is strongly advised to update to the stock firmware 2.5.2.4
before flashing this version.

The procedure i used is,
flash stock firmware 2.5.2.4 on sat
flash stock firmware 2.5.2.4 on router
factory reset

Do inital setup
flash latest voxel on sat
flash latest voxel on router
done

thank you!! great! I've searched something like a quick start guide. have read more or less the all the pages here from 2019 but no confirmed step by step procedure or text file...

can you share the link? sorry!

thanks! thought the zip file is the fm like on a mobile with custom roms (friend did that..)
... searched the site some time even read the Readme not understanding one single word ..

quickstart file says I will keep the settings. no word of factory reset in the process ... confused... but I will do like you've described, step by step, slowly...

oh shirt. thanks! I thought that's the correct ones. so I have bought the wrong mesh system

"Wrong"???

That is subjective. You do have an AX based system now with newer processors and the like so I would not consider it a complete loss. I suspect once Voxel upgrades ... the rest of us will too :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!