What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for Orbi RBK50/RBK53 (RBR50, RBS50) v. 9.2.5.2.12SF-HW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

true! wrong words. I cannot change I bought new ones because of getting this fixed for the next let's say 5 years or better more..

thing is just I was a bit disappointment. even without any own skills I'm a huge fan of costom roms or fm or open source software...

voxel fm sounds perfect! enjoy it.

I hope I will see it if it will be available for this 850, I will be in the first roll out group

btw, I have just finished the process of opting out of analytics. unbelievable! hope the rest of the software is bit more privacy friendly. it was not a checkbox... no no.. 5 steps were needed

Guys do you know if it has any negative affect to choose which region you are in the admin page? Or does it just opens and bans certain channels in the router?

Also I am having wierd disconnection issues, I noticed that in the time settings I have daylight savings auto-adjust is on and I am in a non-daylight saving country. Could this be the culprit?

oh shirt. thanks! I thought that's the correct ones. so I have bought the wrong mesh system

Actually you should have the better product. Millions of people are using Orbi without Voxel FW and they seem happy. Most of them report a stable performance from what I read online.

I upgraded to Voxel after being irritated by weird behaviours, which I still get.

Guys do you know if it has any negative affect to choose which region you are in the admin page? Or does it just opens and bans certain channels in the router?

Just channel availability and transmission power are affected depending on the region.

Also I am having weird disconnection issues, I noticed that in the time settings I have daylight savings auto-adjust is on and I am in a non-daylight saving country. Could this be the culprit?
I upgraded to Voxel after being irritated by weird behaviors, which I still get.

Daylight savings just affects the system time and has no concept as to what time zone you are actually in, so no this would be unrelated.

Just channel availability and transmission power are affected depending on the region.

Daylight savings just affects the system time and has no concept as to what time zone you are actually in, so no this would be unrelated.

Its no use, its doing the disconnections again. I think my Orbi has a hardware flaw. Its been only about a year. This is the most expensive and shortest lived router I have ever bought. I guess I will have to buy the ZenMesh.

Its no use, its doing the disconnections again. I think my Orbi has a hardware flaw. Its been only about a year. This is the most expensive and shortest lived router I have ever bought. I guess I will have to buy the ZenMesh.

Unlikely a hardware issue based on what you describe. More likely 1) your internet modem 2) bad network cable 3) device on your network causing havoc 4) a configuration issue.

#2 is easy to address, replace the cable between your internet modem and Orbi with a known good cat 5+ cable.

#4 is easy to address, factory reset, use default settings. Do not enable Armor, Parental Controls, etc. Do not change any default settings beyond SSID/PW. Do not import prior config. No IP reservations, etc. keep it as default as possible.

#1 is a bit harder to do anything about

#3 this is where is the issues usually are and depending on your network could be more time consuming to diagnose. Basically you need to:

* asses how often the disconnect happens (find some pattern of time so you have a window to gauge effectiveness of your change)

* remove and turn off/disconnect all network devices.

* reboot your Orbi to ensure there are no connected devices

* turn back on / reconnect a small number of critical only devices and test for the duration of your window of time determined earlier

* add back in 2-3 devices at a time, continuing to test until the issue returns

* when it returns, disconnect the newly added devices, reboot Orbi and add just one of the newly added devices back in and test for the window of time.. then the other.. etc. till you find the culprit.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!