What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.54SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Very basic question, if on Voxel 1.0.2.54SF, given a new NG .58 firmware, what is the logical update path?

ie. Wait till Voxel updates, then update to NG .58, and then to Voxel new version
or
after Voxel version update directly after it is released?
or ?
I am a little confused based on descriptive's that indicate Voxel overlays NG firmware...? I would think it includes the NG latest and patches/modifies it, but am not sure. (no issues with 54SF - it seems MUCH more smoothly functioning than NG version 52 when in the settings).
Thx

ie. Wait till Voxel updates, then update to NG .58, and then to Voxel new version
As a rule if you are using my versions you should omit any temporary flashing to the stock firmware.

I.e. 1.0.2.54SF->1.0.2.59SF (upcoming). But not 1.0.2.54SF->1.0.2.58->1.0.2.59SF.

Voxel.

As a rule if you are using my versions you should omit any temporary flashing to the stock firmware.

Any reason why ? Is it not good to go back to stock then back to your builds ?

Any reason why ? Is it not good to go back to stock then back to your builds ?

It is not good and it is not bad. It is up to you, but it is not a necessity. I just answered to the question:

Wait till Voxel updates, then update to NG .58, and then to Voxel new version

i.e no intermediate flashing is absolutely needed. But if you want to test latest stock: you are welcome. I'll get bug reports trying to avoid them in my upcoming release ;-)

Voxel

It is interesting, guys. Some statistics. Currently, only today, there are 294 downloads of this firmware. 11 hours since my advertisement. I guess that my build is (relatively) popular over the world. But, the only single "like" from SwampKracker (thanks to him). US, UK, DE, NL, CH, RU, SW, DK, other countries... You know, it is very important for us to have some "thanks" showing that our efforts are not a useless waste of the time. I do not mean donation, but just a "thank you". It is easy to download and use fw. But if you want this project to be continued, spend 5 sec of your time to click this "like". It is not only my job, but other guys: kamoj, vladlenas do a lot for you. They are happy when your push this damn [like] button. Sometimes I start to think: what for I and these guys do all of this...

Well. The same for R9000 owners. Even worse. R7800 owners are more active.

Voxel.

Voxel, I am late to the party as I just picked up a 7800 last week. (I was using a ASUS RT-86u, before that an RT-68U) I just wanted to say Thank you for even making your firmware a possibility to improve on what is already a great product.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!