What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.84SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Voxel

Part of the Furniture
Continuation of

. . .
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...0-2-82sf-v-1-0-2-82-1sf-v-1-0-2-82-2sf.69449/
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r7800-v-1-0-2-83sf.71083/

New version of my custom firmware build: 1.0.2.84SF.

Changes (vs 1.0.2.83SF):

1. Toolchain: GCC is upgraded 10.2.0->10.3.0.
2. Toolchain: Go is upgraded 1.16.2->1.16.3.
3. OpenSSL v. 1.1.1 package is upgraded 1.1.1j->1.1.1k (fixing CVE-2021-3449, CVE-2021-3450).
4. Add OpenSSL 1.1.1 conf file (/etc/ssl/openssl.cnf).
5. curl package is upgraded 7.75.0->7.76.0 (fixing CVE-2021-22876, CVE-2021-22890).
6. libxml2: add CVE-2019-20388, CVE-2020-24977, CVE-2020-7595 patches.
7. dbus package is upgraded 1.13.12->1.13.18 (fixing CVE-2020-12049, CVE-2020-35512).
8. unzip: add security patches.
9. haveged package is upgraded 1.9.13->1.9.14.
10. Upgrade zebra/ripngd to quagga-zebra/quagga-ripngd v. 1.2.4 (HELLO_wORLD).
11. ipset: Kernel modules optimization '-O3'.
12. Toolchain: add optimization patch to uClibc.

The link is:

https://www.voxel-firmware.com (thanks to vladlenas for his help with hosting).

P.S.

I am really sorry but I am very overloaded now and I am unable to process all individual requests from the users posting me in P.M. and in the threads... I hope experienced users from this forum could help you guys.

Voxel.

@huzar

Сześć. Złapałem cię. Aha, z Polski. Ciekawy. Wiesz, czym jest "Voxel"? Czy są jakieś stowarzyszenia?

Voxel.

Hi Voxel,

Thank you again for your great work. Upon flashing the latest firmware, 1.0.2.84SF, it appears the router does not recognize my USB anymore. Since I also run Kamoj's add-on I cannot install it, I will try to roll back and see if I can fix it. I have two R7800s, one as primary router one as a bridge, both stopped recognizing after update.

Hi Voxel,

Thank you again for your great work. Upon flashing the latest firmware, 1.0.2.84SF, it appears the router does not recognize my USB anymore. Since I also run Kamoj's add-on I cannot install it, I will try to roll back and see if I can fix it. I have two R7800s, one as primary router one as a bridge, both stopped recognizing after update.

NVM, had to reformat USB for some reason, anyhow, thank you again for all your great work @Voxel and also @kamoj for your terrific add-on!

Voxel,
A question, should the NSS (NSS is switched ON) be working and running in AP mode?

NVM, had to reformat USB for some reason, anyhow, thank you again for all your great work @Voxel and also @kamoj for your terrific add-on!
I have found that I can generally avoid the USB reformat if I remove the USBs before upgrading the Voxel firmware (not necessary when performing only Kamoj upgrades).

I have found that I can generally avoid the USB reformat if I remove the USBs before upgrading the Voxel firmware (not necessary when performing only Kamoj upgrades).
My SSD is connected through USB on the R7800 for over a year now. Never unplugged it.
Never had a problem with it and multiple firmware upgrades in over a year. It always mounts as sda1 and optware.
post-mount.sh has been doing its job since then. I pretty much never have to think about the logistic of this USB drive that is a part of my system (aegis, entware, custom scripts, configuration files and of course everything that is restored in flash memory after a firmware upgrade...)

Same here. Never had an issue with the USB and it's ALWAYS plugged into the router. It's possible that it just died before the upgrade. I use one of my old ones that's only 8GB. Before that, I had a 1GB stick that eventually died (not during an upgrade).

Droidrat: What format is your stick? Mine is ext3.

Same here. Never had an issue with the USB and it's ALWAYS plugged into the router. It's possible that it just died before the upgrade. I use one of my old ones that's only 8GB. Before that, I had a 1GB stick that eventually died (not during an upgrade).

Droidrat: What format is your stick? Mine is ext3.
Thumb drive (for entware); ext4. It happened to me twice (drive no longer recognized; had to be reformatted, and the entware reinstalled). After the 2nd incident, I decided to remove both thumb drives whenever I flash new Voxel firmware (the other is for Kamoj). Better safe than sorry.

Thumb drive (for entware); ext4. It happened to me twice (drive no longer recognized; had to be reformatted, and the entware reinstalled). After the 2nd incident, I decided to remove both thumb drives whenever I flash new Voxel firmware (the other is for Kamoj). Better safe than sorry.
Mine too is ext4.

However, in your case, you are right to avoid problems if the simple extra step of unplugging / replugging does the trick.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!